Sign in to follow this  
Tildedab

Oliver Thompson's Application

Steam Name: Tildedab
Steam ID: STEAM_1:0:67594757
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/tildedab/
Rp Experience: I've been Rping for more than 5 years now. I've played on a variety of different rp's, however, a majority of them have either been military or apocalyptically focused.
How did you stumble upon our server?: A friend of mine was playing and posting screenshots of it, I was interested so I decided to take a look.

Character Name: Oliver Thompson
Character Sex: Male
Character Age: 20
Previous Major Occupation(s): British Royal Marines
Character Equipment: A Winter British Royal Marines uniform with a tactical vest that has an Armor plate on both front and back. A tactical knife. A Gasmask with two extra thirty-minute filters.
Moral Alignment(See Chart below this post): Mix Of Tempered Good and Chaotic Good
Strengths:
-Very good with hand to hand combat.
-Decently strong.
-Good with anything engineering related.
    -Some vehicles.
    -Electrical.
    -Weaponry.
-Good accuracy skills.
-Good survival skills.
-Good perception.
Weaknesses:
-Mixed views on authority.
-Blunt.
-Often takes risks.
Character Backstory a.k.a. how or why are you here (One paragraph minimum, be creative! More backstory does not always mean a better app! Put thought into how they'll interact with others too!):

Oliver was born on September 17th, 1999 and spent his early childhood as a quiet and attentive child during his early educational years. He was known to sit in class quietly and make friends slowly as he was known to be quite shy. However, as he progressed into his teenage years he began to become more of a "cool" kid at school, starting taking up smoking and drinking at an early age which his mother and father heavily detested and more than once tried to assist him out of this lifestyle. This would only half succeed, putting off these habits as he joined the High School Track Team as well as taking up Boxing. He would become a recognized person in both of these sports and soon found self-confidence in doing both of these sports. However, Oliver's eyes would be set on joining the British Royal Marines alongside with one of his close friends, Brandon and Jess.

In the year 2017, one year into the outbreak, at the age of 18, he would enlist into the British Royal Marines alongside his two friends. They would spend a relatively short amount of time training due to the high necessity for troops at the time to keep the outbreak at bay thus causing them not to be trained to their full extent. However, during this short time, Oliver was found to have quite the knack for fixing vehicles, weaponry, and electronics and thus was made an engineer in the company. Just a few months later, he and his friends would be made into Royal Marines and sent off on their first mission.

His first mission alongside his two friends would be to assist the United States with their current fighting of the outbreak. They would be sent overseas in late 2017 and would land in a military airport in Ontario. There they would make their way down into the Northern United States to link up with a Convoy of U.S. Army troops making their way across Minnesota. Soon after a few days his unit and the U.S. Army convoy would link up and soon be sent downwards into Minnesota. However, things would not go exactly as planned a swarm of zombies would overtake the convoy and his Humvee would be flipped over, sending Oliver flying out the window. Dazed, confused, and wounded, he'd wake up a few minutes later to the destroyed convoy, his Humvee now on fire, inside, his two dead friends. A small group of zombies would chase him away, causing him to run away without taking any decent military equipment with him. He would spend the next two years in Minnesota. Alone, surviving the harsh wilderness and zombies, dodging obstacle after obstacle. The path ahead is foggy and uncertain, but it is one he is willing to take to get out alive.

Met them on Respite when I made my return. They're a competent roleplayer from what I've seen of them on respite at the least. 
For the most part I'd give a +support

Only thing Im mixed on is that they're at the ripe age of 20 and in or 'served' in the Royal Marines, if they were current what were they doing here? since at that age its not really feasible? I would maybe reccomend clearing that bit up.

2 minutes ago, Apathy said:

Met them on Respite when I made my return. They're a competent roleplayer from what I've seen of them on respite at the least. 
For the most part I'd give a +support

Only thing Im mixed on is that they're at the ripe age of 20 and in or 'served' in the Royal Marines, if they were current what were they doing here? since at that age its not really feasible? I would maybe reccomend clearing that bit up.

He ended up joining the Royal Marines when he was 18 back in 2017 and is still technically serving within the Royal Marines, however as I said in the backstory, he got caught in a zombie horde and thus got separated, and has been separated ever since. I also mentioned that Royal Marines came here to assist the U.S. with the outbreak. Hope this answers your questions.

Im fine with the world building but with Oliver escaping with only the shirt on his back. How has that shirt held up for the last few years?

Just now, Legion said:

Im fine with the world building but with Oliver escaping with only the shirt on his back. How has that shirt held up for the last few years?

Well, he swapped out his uniform for civilian clothing early on, leaving his uniform in his backpack, thus making it so it wouldn't be damaged further. He only recently just patched it back up.

It was my bad to allow you this prior to the application. Havnt been on in ages and got some requirements mixed with other servers.

Your roleplay however today was quite good and I'll give you that. I don't mind the back story as it makes sense and the Royal Marines are pretty similar to basic infantry. I'm iffy on the equipment but Im also just an event chord so Ill let what I've said sit.

1 hour ago, SquejeMofo said:

It was my bad to allow you this prior to the application. Havnt been on in ages and got some requirements mixed with other servers.

Your roleplay however today was quite good and I'll give you that. I don't mind the back story as it makes sense and the Royal Marines are pretty similar to basic infantry. I'm iffy on the equipment but Im also just an event chord so Ill let what I've said sit.

All good my man! We all make mistakes! As for the equipment the only really big thing I have is my plate carrier.

You have a plate carrier with a front and back plate, a melee survival weapon of choice (probably a seaknife or something), and you found 2 mags for a pistol of choice and bullets for them along the way, since you've been in the US for awhile.

I expect you to straighten up the hazy two adolescent years spent alone through rp because it sounds somewhat unbelieveable but you have vouches and are nice so show us something fun and cool :)

At work but consider this ACCEPTED.

3 hours ago, Emptybag said:

You have a plate carrier with a front and back plate, a melee survival weapon of choice (probably a seaknife or something), and you found 2 mags for a pistol of choice and bullets for them along the way, since you've been in the US for awhile.

I expect you to straighten up the hazy two adolescent years spent alone through rp because it sounds somewhat unbelieveable but you have vouches and are nice so show us something fun and cool :)

At work but consider this ACCEPTED.

Thank you! I'll be sure to make some backstory for the two years in his backstory!

Sign in to follow this