Sign in to follow this  
SpooksTanooks

Seth Mayfield | Ex military extraordinaire

Steam Name: SpookyTanuki

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:33497375

Steam Profile Link:http://steamcommunity.com/id/dawnofstorms/

Rp Experience: 3-4 years of rping in this shit hole.

How did you stumble upon our server?: Some of my nerd friends are on here, said 'fuck it' and joined.

">[bbvideo=560,315]
[/bbvideo]

Character Name: Seth Mayfield

Character Sex: Male

Character Age: 38 years old.

Occupation (Current or Before):

(Current): Hobo

(Before): United States Marine Corps

Character Equipment:

(Current): Hobo clothes, backpack filled with nicknacks from his past civilian life, table leg as a make shift bat.

(Applying for later on when shit hits the fan): Leather jacket with bullet holes, Sweater and stab vest/level one vest (Either or), Some food, 1911 side arm (Maybe half a magazine left in ammo. So 4-5 Usable bullets.), Knee pads, foldable shovel.

For the stuff I'm applying for above, I was hopping to add some rp into it. As a trade off for the 1911 and the other sudden bits of gear, I was gonna have my character head out on a quick run to the city to pick up some food for the group as stuff is getting hazy and with how the south is the way it is right now, riots and mass mexicans flooding the border (Or so it seems). Seth heads back into town, noticing there is a huge riot, he quickly just tries to grab what he can and split. This is where admins, if they want, can fuck with my char. The story I was thinking that my char ends up encountering the bandits, struggles abit, gets shot a few times but manages to escape back to his group with the goods. Leaving them to rp fixing up my char and a choice to start an story arch against some bandits which I could run if you want. Show of some of the inner gangs in the city and what they might be thinking/taking advantage of due to the current status of the city. Thats my idea anyway, up to you guys if you want to accept.

Moral Alignment(See Chart below this post): Good-Neutral

Strengths:

Strong mental Morel, some ex military experience (Only been in one tour), Fire arms experience with a few specific guns ( M16A1 and M9 Berretta. And he's no pro)

Weaknesses:

Crucket left knee (Making him slower then others, can only run with a limp.), Malnurished, Smoking addiction, Doesn't know how to drive.

Character Backstory a.ka. how or why are you here (One paragraph minimum, be creative! More backstory does not always mean a better app! Put thought into how they'll interact with others too!):

Seth having done a tour in Iraq, he'd have experienced some oddities that those in America often forget. Bombings almost every hour, people running along the streets in fear for shelter. Not knowing when someone could just turn and shoot you, or if that kid you are helping find his parents suddenly explodes and takes you with him. Though while his deployment, he was tasked with others to assault an Insurgent held building. But, as he was scaling the outer wall, he seemed to have slipped over and slammed the side of this knee against a metal beam on the other side, smashing it out of place.

While yes the doctors around did the best they could to fix it and allow him to walk normally again, it was to be forever stuck, crucket to the left in an odd fashion. As he could no longer run or have a full range of mobility, he was discharged and sent back home to Texas. Where he was greeted with his wife leaving him with the kids, taking claim to his house and car before leaving him to pay her child-support with the military funds he gained. Now homeless, he decided to roam in and around the streets of Dallas, bumming people for food or cigarettes.

I like the application, but I don't think we're adding any more military/ex military characters. I'm gonna set this to pendingfor the time being. If the others wish to approve it I'd be fine.

I mostly did the military bit just to give the whole hobo thing abit more depth. He barely really made it through his tour and fucked up his knee. Most'd he have is from basics training. Though he is also Malnurished and weak so that might not help him to much right now.

I like the backstory but I think the military background being a full tour as opposed to a boot accident or very early matter is what nudged my decision into Pending as well. That being said, once we have an opening I like the idea of this guy a real lot, and think he will offer something to the experience

To be honest it may as well be a boot accident XD

The way I picture him is that he made it as far into the tour to see the way it was over in Iraq. You know, maybe placed up some sandbags and shit. I figure it was likely his second ish mission before the dumb ass off and hurted himself. Could also just say it happened in boot camp since it wouldn't change to much, would give more reason for the wife to leave em lol.

If the military thing is the only thing holding the App back, then I'll happily change it to just him being a dumbass while rockclimbing and broke his leg badly, making it the way it is.

+1 I honestly like your idea, though it's not my place to say anything due to the admins have there own opinion though this is my two cent's I hope you get accepted.