Sign in to follow this  
Richard

Jos's Spooky Zombie App

Steam Name: Jos

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:42719081

Steam Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198045703891/

Rp Experience: 5 years in counting so far, as for the server- several months on and off.

Character Type: Zombie, Undead, Strongfat

Character Name: Eric Sombers

Character Sex: Male

Character Age: 28 Before Death

Occupation (Current or Before): [before] National Guard, [Current] Baddie

Character Equipment: Militairy Fatigues, Interceptor body armor.

Character Backstory: As per usual with my apps, I'll be sending the backstory/char details to the staff, to keep ic details under wraps and preferably learnable in-character.

Its a zombie, just post it. Not like your going to be able to tell anyone.

-support

There are other ways to relay information than just spoken words and writing :D

But thanks for your opinion.

-support you put your backstory out here, not in our inboxes

Don't like posting meta-able information.

Then you will continue to not get support

Oh well, despite that- thanks for the opinion.

Since I'm not stupidly strict about everything, and there isn't a stick rammed far up my arse.

+Support

Its a fucking ZOMBIE people, do we really need to know where it grew up, and what jobs/life style it had before becoming one? No.

Will anyone give a shit upon seeing this character? No.

Realistically, whats gonna happen is that someone is gonna see this character and either A) Smash its fucking skull in or b) Avoid it using a box like Solid snake or some shit, but you get the point.

Think you guys breath waaay to much into stuff.

Edit: Also would love to see more player Zombies since they are way more fun for rp rather then some Npc coming over and ripping my ass a new one while I'm typing.

-support (for the time being), from me.

In regard to Spooki, it's not just a normal infected. If that were the case, there wouldn't be much info required other than seeing Jos RP. But as I read the PM, it's a special infected, and this is why doing apps in this way could be dangerous, because now Spooki has essentially given a +support to a special type infected that he never read the description of. As far as infected go, I think it's a cool idea to keep things under wraps, but you can also see the issue demonstrated here I'm sure.

As for the actual content of the application, I gave -support for the time being because I understand you want people to endure more of a challenge, but it is far too early for mutations/specials IMO, and I've barely seen people RP being scared of the normal infected (as 99% of people should be) aside from "there's alot, thusly I am outnumbered, and therefore that is the reason I am scared". Before we introduce specials, I actually want to try and gain character development through fear RP, either generated through conversation with the survivors, or actual encounters that should genuinely make Bob Smith terrified -- Such as being swamped on all sides while on top of a car only armed with a hammer, or not having communication with the rest when you hear an oncoming hoarde.

tl;dr, it is a good idea, I am not denying that. And I would probably greenlight you for a normal infected. But at this juncture, I do not personally believe that this is the better course of action, as it is too early.

Edit: This app could also be considered Pending from me instead, as an alternative, since it is a good idea.

-support (for the time being), from me.

In regard to Spooki, it's not just a normal infected. If that were the case, there wouldn't be much info required other than seeing Jos RP. But as I read the PM, it's a special infected, and this is why doing apps in this way could be dangerous, because now Spooki has essentially given a +support to a special type infected that he never read the description of. As far as infected go, I think it's a cool idea to keep things under wraps, but you can also see the issue demonstrated here I'm sure.

As for the actual content of the application, I gave -support for the time being because I understand you want people to endure more of a challenge, but it is far too early for mutations/specials IMO, and I've barely seen people RP being scared of the normal infected (as 99% of people should be) aside from "there's alot, thusly I am outnumbered, and therefore that is the reason I am scared". Before we introduce specials, I actually want to try and gain character development through fear RP, either generated through conversation with the survivors, or actual encounters that should genuinely make Bob Smith terrified -- Such as being swamped on all sides while on top of a car only armed with a hammer, or not having communication with the rest when you hear an oncoming hoarde.

tl;dr, it is a good idea, I am not denying that. And I would probably greenlight you for a normal infected. But at this juncture, I do not personally believe that this is the better course of action, as it is too early.

Edit: This app could also be considered Pending from me instead, as an alternative, since it is a good idea.

I appreciate that you actually looked at the content of my pm, and considered what I sought to do. Beyond that, I can understand your meaning behind the "dangerous" nature of how I did my app. Other than that, sure I think it's early for this type of infected. But I personally think you guys should do a better job of creating fear with the common infected first, cause it seems to not be working thus far. I'd possibly suggest the more mobs of undead there are that are "admin controlled"- a mob that has the stopping power to halt a car, and break down doors- cornering people essentially.

Besides all that, I appreciate you actually gave your opinion, and didn't base your opinion on an assumption.

Edit: I sent spooki the background info, mainly because I've known him for a long time- And I think it'd be better if he saw it for himself.

Still didn't change my opinion to much. I can see why they might be scared to give it out for free use whenever. But as stated in the app, its up to you guys on how strict you want to allow he usage with pretty much a simple yes/no. Jos will likely ask "Oh this fag is popping off shots, can I go investigate and possibly make mini event?" And then you tell em to fuck off or allow him to do it. Either or.

+Support