Emptybag

Ground Rules Regarding Gen 1 / Gen 2 Characters

• You cannot merge Generations of the same character.

• Only one incarnation exists. If you were PK'd in Gen1 or 2, that version is still dead.  The remaining Gen version character will have new interactions with the people that only the dead Gen version character knew. Example: Tim lived in both gen 1 & 2, but died in gen 2. If I decide to play Gen 1 Tim, then anyone remembering anything to do with Gen 2 Tim will forget him, unless you change one of their names.

• Gen 1 characters have been living in the current map for a year and a half. You can figure out their story ICly.

• Gen 2 characters will have arrived on the current map 2 months before we start. You (OOCly) needs to decide if your character (ICly) already trusts the Gen 1 group and is friendly, or if they dislike the Gen 2 group and either don't trust them at all or are neutral. This is to start past the stage of 'I don't know if I can trust you' and move quicker into much more engaging RP. This also means that you are either okay living around the group or you agree to already seclude yourself from them for whatever reason.

If there are any new developments, I will update this post. If there are any questions regarding these rules or how Gen1 / Gen2 will work in general, ask and someone should be able to get back to you:)

1 hour ago, Patient Zero said:

Please define what Gen 1 and Gen 2 are, am I missing something?

Generation 1, our first server that continued from Macho Gaming's server.

Generation 2, our second server that started out on its own story line.

I guess my final question (I moved to this thread) would have to be toward gear since everyone wants it and I have seen people charge head on into zombies to get it before the next person does. I am sure that over the time stuff comes and goes which would include both good and bad gear which would give a excuse for whatever you had planned. But if we are just going to be transferring our gear from when we last left off then I am not sure what I had on me last time I was Jamie.

But in the end I am fine with whatever the plan is.

6 minutes ago, MrSmiles said:

I guess my final question (I moved to this thread) would have to be toward gear since everyone wants it and I have seen people charge head on into zombies to get it before the next person does. I am sure that over the time stuff comes and goes which would include both good and bad gear which would give a excuse for whatever you had planned. But if we are just going to be transferring our gear from when we last left off then I am not sure what I had on me last time I was Jamie.

But in the end I am fine with whatever the plan is.

From what I've been told, it's the same database from the last time. We are gonna have the stuff we left off with, so there shouldn't be a need to give everyone their stuff back and all that. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Richard said:

From what I've been told, it's the same database from the last time. We are gonna have the stuff we left off with, so there shouldn't be a need to give everyone their stuff back and all that. 

Neat, thanks my man.

10 hours ago, Richard said:

This is correct, we shouldn't have any issues as far as Gen2 characters getting their stuff back. Gen1 is a different story, we don't have that database anymore so we're just gonna give people what seems fair for the time that's passed.

There's a plan to run basically a character setup day where we launch the server but dedicate the admin team to helping get items and the like sorted out with you guys. Maybe run a simplistic trading system to move items around and get some people some new gear since it has been a couple years. We'll see what happens with that!