Sign in to follow this  
Ronan

Trauma Surgeon - Mack Waters

caduceus_symbol_red_outline.png

ACTIVON
PRIVATE MEDICAL & TRAUMA CONTRACTORS

"ACTIVON serves as a means of grappling with the medical issues of the modern age. Bombings, mass-shooting, natural disasters- each pose major strains on the healthcare system of the United States. Luckily, there are ways to alleviate those strains. ACTIVON is a contracting firm designed to provide critical areas across North America with expertly trained medical practitioners, nurses, surgeons and fast responders in times of need and on a temporary basis. If a job needs doing, hire ACTIVON."
- ACTIVON's advertisement brochure.

lmbNEs1.jpg
[Waters working alongside National Guard medical personnel, 2014]

NAME: Mack T. Waters
SEX: Male
CIVILIAN: Yes
NATIONALITY: American/United States
EDUCATION:

• 4 years 'Pre-Med'
    • Bachelors earned in Biology with Biochemistry.
  • 4 years Medical School
    • Doctor of Medicine earned with General Surgery.
  • 5 years residency.
  • 2 years Trauma Surgery fellowship.

Moral Alignment: Lawful Good leaning Tempered Good.
Character Equipment: Waters packs light. With heavy winter clothing to brisk against the freezing conditions of Minnesota's wilderness, he sports numerous layers of thermal clothing beneath quite the winter coat. A pair of durable trousers are, again, worn above two layers of thermal fabrics and body-warmers. Well-worn but durable hiking boots. Around his shoulders, a heavy military-style pack is worn, filled with survival equipment and a Crye soft-armour plate. In terms of weaponry, Waters is adequately equipped to defend himself; a Remington R1 1911 with two magazines that he's capable of using proficiently. As the ammunition is quite heavy, he does not carry any rounds in reserve. He carries no medical equipment with himself.

Strengths:

• Responsiveness: Waters can respond to shifting circumstances and has the fortitude to come out on the other side.
  • Works well under pressure: With years of trauma surgery under his belt, he's reliable and able to cope in the most stressful situations.
  • Work ethic: Extremely determined and goal-driven.
  • Physically fit: His was a physically demanding job, and the years of being on his feet after the outbreak have kept him healthy.
  • Decisive: A problem-solving individual, he cuts through the fluff and filler to get to the source of an issue to fix it.
  • Generous: If he has something, he's more than willing to give it to someone in greater need.

Weaknesses:

• Exhaustion: The past four years have been extremely difficult for Waters. His expertise is in high demand, and this strains him both mentally and physically.
  • Difficult to connect: The sheer number of injuries and death over the past years have affected him in no small way. He doesn't reach out.
  • Over-rationalizing: Always attempting to figure out the root of the crisis. Failing this through a lack of information usually leads to a depression in his mental state.
  • Homesick: He misses home, his family and the way things used to be.

Backstory:
When the outbreak occurred, Waters was in Washington under the contract of a regional hospital that was undergoing a surge of patients. The presumed flu season had struck the state quite heavily, and the influx of injuries in the pursuant fights, lootings and batteries, all out of desperation for medicine and money to buy it with, had led to a busy few weeks. Although the exact source of the outbreak was and is unknown, the surgeon luckily avoided the worst of it. As soon as M.A.V was announced and Waters caught wind of the exact meaning of the illness, he grabbed whatever equipment he could and immediately thrust himself into the nearest National Guard headquarters.

The Washington National Guard had mobilized to maintain order in the state and reestablish state-wide coordination alongside other arms of the military. Quarantine zones were established and a full course of emergency procedures fell into place around Waters. As a trained and licensed surgeon, he was kept exceptionally busy by the staffers and officers of the armed forces, all under the protection of guarded and regulated camps and non-infection zones.

It took less than eight months for M.A.V and the mass hysteria of the remaining population to make any form of quarantine virtually impossible. Tens of thousands of deaths had occurred in the bordering blocks of the National Guards' camps, and it was becoming increasingly difficult to not only protect the 'safe' zones, but keep those inside its walls orderly. Shootings, riots and fights over food soon saw the camps overrun and disbanded. Without any form of government direction or leadership, the armed forces splintered and went their own ways in small, heavily-armed groups.

Waters found safety in one such group, one formed by some of the less opportunistic soldiers. With three humvees and trunks full of supplies, they departed the densely-populated areas of Washington's cities for the relative sparsity of the countryside.  Morals held strong, and the impromptu squad did their best to help civilians that they ran into along their nomadic trek. For two years, they were rumour chasers -- whisperings of new camps, established commands and successful quarantine zones kept them warm and hopeful. After over fifteen false alarms and nothing to show for it, moods blackened and attitudes soured. Gas was becoming difficult to locate as a steady supply, food was scarce and clean water was worth more than gold. Tensions rose in the group and, eventually, it fell apart. The three vehicles split supplies and separated. The soldiers, valuing their past experiences together over an exchange of fire, parted without injury or death.

It took a few months, but eventually even the smaller group of soldiers he remained with met its natural course. Two slipped away in the night without a word. One evening, Waters woke up and the camp had been scoured around him of its supplies. They'd left him with enough to last for two days on his own, and nothing more. Three years after the initial outbreak of M.A.V, the surgeon was left to fend for himself - he did exactly that. Along the northern border of the country, he set off east-bound. Idaho, Montana, and North Dakota all fell under his feet along the next year, in what was to become the most difficult hike of his life. He made shelter in any abandoned home he could find. It was by pure chance that, as he crossed the state lines into Minnesota in December of 2020, he heard tell of a sanctuary resting in the hills. Alone, freezing and with hunger racking his stomach, he found little other alternative than to see how true the whispers were.

Steam Name: Ronan
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:59500234
Steam Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/SelectiveSmarts/
Roleplay Experience: I've roleplayed on Garry's Mod for almost seven years at this stage, starting back in the Epsilon/Zeta Community Starship Troopers days. Over the last few years, I've explored and invested myself in countless schemas and universes, always holding character development and progression over the likes of STALKER's script-based servers. I played on one of the older versions of Zero Hour, and also put in a good few hours on other similar servers (BlueBerry Gaming's Outbreak RP, Phoenix-Lore's Division RP, etc). If you like, I can put in a bit more detail or create a list of servers that I've taken part in.
How did you find the server?: I roleplayed here in the past. By chance, I saw your Steam Group post in my activity feed when I was looking through it. Checked out the forums, saw the familiar names, got PM'd by Sillykilla on the same day, and my peepee got so hard omg. Been looking for a decent rp server for a while, and you lot seem oldschool af which is great.

Hey! First of all, glad you heard of our comeback!

Secondly, this app is really solid.  Aside from a few grammatical errors (I think the largest is when you trekked 'Idaho, Montana, and North Dakota'  but then 'crossed the state lines into Montana in December of 2020' -- I think you meant Minnesota for the second one)  I think this is really good.  I'm unsure yet of whether it should be greenlit exactly now...we seem to be getting a small flux of medical apps recently and we haven't even officially launched.  I'm going to wait to see what the others say before i toss in my 2 cents.  You did a really great job capturing 4 years in a small amount of text.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Emptybag said:

Hey! First of all, glad you heard of our comeback!

Secondly, this app is really solid.  Aside from a few grammatical errors (I think the largest is when you trekked 'Idaho, Montana, and North Dakota'  but then 'crossed the state lines into Montana in December of 2020' -- I think you meant Minnesota for the second one)  I think this is really good.  I'm unsure yet of whether it should be greenlit exactly now...we seem to be getting a small flux of medical apps recently and we haven't even officially launched.  I'm going to wait to see what the others say before i toss in my 2 cents.  You did a really great job capturing 4 years in a small amount of text.

How embarrassing! Definitely meant Minnesota - I wrote this application fairly early in the morning. 😛 I've made an edit to amend it.

Thanks for the feedback, it's hugely appreciated.

1 minute ago, SquejeMofo said:

Woah, woah, when did you play my server/community?

When it was up in late 2017. I was the only National Guardsman if I remember correctly, everyone else was full-time Army. Been a member of the Steam group for over a year.

Sign in to follow this