Sign in to follow this  
Blackbeard

Fire Hazard.

Steam Name: Pepsi Man

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:49732611

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198059730951/

Rp Experience: 8 years of actual RP experience.

How did you stumble upon our server?: Quite literally was looking for a new NS server having just come off being an Admin for CGC Fallout for 2 years and needed a break from Fallout itself (Though I love the Apocalyptic scene. ) Found this little server and have since then wanted to be apart of the community and see where it goes.

Character Name: Sampsa "Vouri" Ritchfield (Nickname is Finnish for Mountain. )

Character Sex: Male

Character Age: 31

Previous Major Occupation(s): NYC Fireman (Breacher, a.k.a. Door Kicker ), U.S. Navy (Honorably Discharged.)

Character Equipment: 

• Fire retardant jacket
  • Fire retardant Gloves
  • Fire Axe
  • Winchester Model 1897 Shotgun
  • Medical aid bag (Backpack )
  • FNYC ball cap ( Now comes in fire retardant Colors! On sale for ;;ERROR;; )
  • A handmade map to a semi-Working firetruck.

Moral Alignment: Tempered Good

Strengths: Can carry heavy equipment long distances, Knows everything there is to know about fire safety and prevention. Is a rather tough son of a bitch. Mostly Fire Resistant. Multiple layers have kept him from getting scratched or bitten easily.

Weaknesses: Cannot run the fastest, nor with the gear he carries is he all that stealthy.  Has nothing to stop bullets.

Life Before: Sampsa Ritchfield, born April 8th 1989. (Bullet Point Format)

• Sampsa was born in the ever infamous Bronx of New York, to a Finnish foreign family as a first generation American
  • Spent a majority of his childhood learning street smarts, haggling, being a general hoodlum, even for a short flint had some fascination with the Gangster scene
  • Quickly dropped that phase however when he witnessed his first Drive by.
  • Witness the 9/11 attack first hand when his school took a field trip to the Empire State building. ( To which they were quickly evacuated in fear of that being attacked as well. )
  • Had an urge to join the Military just like his older Sister had following the attacks.
  • Got his first job as a hot dog vendor on Coney Island
  • Fell In love with Coney Island Hot Dogs, no other will ever be as good.
  • Graduated High school with average grade and went straight into the Military at the age of 18
  • Signed up for the Navy, for awhile he couldn't have been happier, though he grew to resent the moments spent in Combat.
  • Left after 4 years realizing this wasn't the career he wanted, but instead had looked back to what gave him the Urge to join
  • Remained apart of the Government, though it is unknown what his role was.
  • on April 30, 2012 He officially became a Fireman in New City, New York. 
    Spoiler

id.jpg

• 2013 He got moved back home to be stationed in the Bronx, Worst, and by far most dangerous portion of his career
  • 2016 Got promoted to Manhattan and was even given his own home near Central Park (Though it was nothing more than a studio apartment. )
  • Fell in love, nearly got married.
  • Spent every Year since 2012 doing the Memorial stair Climb to remember the first Responders of 9/11
  • Got a series of tattoos with the names of every first responder who passed lining his left arm like a coil, with multiple symbols of PD, EMT, FD, and religious symbols surrounding the two ends of the sleeve. 

Life during the first of the outbreak

The first hours of the outbreak were absolute chaos in Manhattan, Military and responders all trying to keep the peace as people tried to run and hide from what once might have been their loved ones. Sampsa was one of thousands who were responding to the sudden outbreak, tasked with helping barricade the stadium and at first using hoses spray back those whom had been infected. However this method did little to aid in the efforts as once knocked down, and even flung down the road the individuals would often get right back up and come walking or running right back at them. Realizing they'd run faster out of water than the infected would stop coming back, those with Sampsa all agreed to pile up the Firetrucks, Squad cars, Ambulances, and any general vehicle they could into the entrances of the stadium in hopes of completely blocking anyway in.

For a time it worked, days passed and over the radio they would listen in to the governments calls, they'd see helicopter evacuations and medical drops. For a time, though terrifying things seemed safe enough, especially with military personnel now in the midst and guarding them. However with hundreds of bodies stuffed into a football field, people became stir crazy, even Sampsa had wanted to get out and find his girl. For an entire month food and supplies were rationed, those who were not helping to protect the stadium were put under a strict lights out at night, and save for the radios tuned into Government broadcasts all outside communications were blocked. The Fighting soon began, people feeling to crowded in a confined area, feeling they'd rather risk the odds of what could happen than stay another day. Then came the stragglers seeking shelter, and with them brought the infection. What was once a safe zone with even a CDC checkpoint quickly turned into a ghost town over the course of 48 hours, tents, encampments, supplies, clothes, a general survival gold mine had been up and abandoned as the infection took over the stadium from the inside.

Sampsa was lucky to have made it out having only been at the time armed with a fire axe meant he had to get close, or let them get close before he could actually do anything, And he often tried to forget what was left behind, both of people and by them. His mind instead focusing on getting back home, praying that his family would be alright. He knew it was a long shot he'd return home to find what was to soon be his wife hunkered down and safe, instead all he could find were bloodied napkins in the trash and an empty home. He didn't stick around for long  grabbing a few necessary supplies and heading towards the Bronx. His family's apartment was far worse, the buildings having been long since demolished or decayed as the entire area had looked like a warzone. Business looted with almost every window smashed, burnt cars abandoned on the sides of roads, military convoys falling apart with bodies scattered about, or walking and stumbling about. With nothing left ti look for, no words or instructions from the Government, just silence Sampsa would travel away from the City and into Canada.

Life from 2018-2020:

Sampsa for awhile was lucky enough to have a fire truck, Big nasty son of a bitch to travel in. The issue was its gas, and the noise. And it'd see its use being used as a wall for the camps he stumbled on, a bus of sorts, and even a plow on the one time he'd run into a horde. However That truck wouldn't last forever, without repairs and being a daily driver put its wear on the brick, and soon Sampsa would have to abandon it when a straggler tried to take a chomp out of the tire.He hated the fact that he was once more stuck to travelling on foot, especially out in the open with only a now somewhat worn out Axe. But what choice did her really have, but to keep going? So he did, he trudged on passing by camps, groups, and even mini civilizations, many of which he bunked with for a time, and mini of which he'd see disband or fall apart. However those that didn't he'd move on from having watched them slowly descend into banditry or just plain stupidity. He began to feel his odd better traveling alone, not being under one leaders jurisdiction, or rule. In trust Sampsa began to miss the old world, how society held itself together somehow through its systems of democracy, especially how one idiot couldn't drag down an entire encampment with them. However he was not goody to shoes himself, or at least as not as much as he had tried to be back before, and Knowing the road the group he had at the time been travelling with was about to go down started to plot his escape.

The fireman wasnt able to just be stealthy and sneak about, but he did know of a french Canadian in the group who could barely speak a lick of English, one who was a little to well armed and with any luck wouldn't notice him 'borrowing' a fire arm. Of course things never go to plan, and the best he could grab was an old pump action shotgun before he heard wild screaming that he genuinely just could not understand. Of course this also meant his escape got muddled as people began to stir and wonder what was going on as gun fire rang out. Sampsa had at first thought the entire group had been firing at him as bullets started to whiz by his head and into the trees that helped aid his escape, however as the bullets stopped passing by him, but still kept ringing out he could only wonder what they were actually shooting at. He never turned back to find out, but assumes that due to what he'd done the camp either turned on itself or thought the Frenchman was trying to murder someone and had turned on him. Either explanation wasn't exactly one he was happy to think about, but he'd made it out with a new fire arm.. the only downside was that he had no ammunition.

After a long time once more travelling alone, spending nights as quiet as possible and huddled up alone fearing that he'd be killed in his sleep, Sampsa found a friend in Ontario, a man whom he believed was a Lumberjack before the outbreak, a man who so deviously loved his chainsaw that He swore his new friend had married it at one point or another. For a time they traveled together, and Sampsa grew to admire his friend, thinking of him as an all out badass, watching this madman cut down groups like he was chopping trees, Sampsa could almost swear the man never once did not have that chainsaw in his hands somehow. They Traveled south for a time every now and then they'd have another join them, but those who did often split off to go their own way. However Sampsa and his friend were not long to be around each other for long either as at the border of point between Minnesota and Canada they stumbled right into a horde. His friend having gotten a chainsaw stuck in a corpse refused to leave it and slowly got swarmed and surrounded as he relentlessly fought for his tool back. Sampsa knew he couldnt do anything to help and had to run, somewhere deep down he still hopes his friend is alive, somehow having made it our, but deep down he fears that if he ever returned to the border all he'd find are bodies and a chainsaw.

Present:

Caught in a blizzard, still running for his life, and fearing that the horde had still somehow been following him, Sampsa was no longer sure which direction he was going, the snow stung him like nails scraping his skin, no matter how many days he traveled he felt like there was no end to it, a dread of freezing over rather than actually being found by the horde which at this point had probably long since left his trail filled his mind. Finally he found himself a road, and he stuck to it, using the trail makers and any bits of gravel he could kick up to indicate that he was still following its path.Finally sticking to a path it didn't take him long to find a group again, more specifically a man with a gun by the name of John who ushered him to go down and meet his group.

( This might be a WIP just because I kinda wrote some portions of it as I went, other portions of it I had actually had planned, and even used on the server. )

I'm happy to give this support. This app is just fine.

Just a few things to cover first for me. How does he still have all his fireman clothing after 4 years of wear and tear of every day use?

And the hand drawn map doesn't do a whole lot if he got lost and didn't know where he was going at the end there and just stumbled onto us.

Once we get those cleared up I see no problems other than a few minor spelling issues, which to me is very minor.

6 minutes ago, Zerghunter said:

I'm happy to give this support. This app is just fine.

Just a few things to cover first for me. How does he still have all his fireman clothing after 4 years of wear and tear of every day use?

And the hand drawn map doesn't do a whole lot if he got lost and didn't know where he was going at the end there and just stumbled onto us.

Once we get those cleared up I see no problems other than a few minor spelling issues, which to me is very minor.

Happy to answer those questions!

1.It hadn't been his go to wear all the time, just during the winters or during situations that it is direly needed. As its a thick jacket and would already have died of over heating if he wore it at all times. (To add he is also used to the cold so anything above 40 F is warm to him. ) The Jacket itself is however still grungy old and warn out, it isn't as resistant as say a brand new one, but can still protect him for a short while.

2. The map is near useless save for knowing what town it is in, He probably wouldn't be able to find it alone, much less the chances of it even still being there. (But y'know sometimes its nice to remember where you left things. ) 

As for spelling issues, that's on me, I just type to quickly for my fingers and so I sometimes slip up a word, or misplace a letter. A bad habit I need to fix.

9 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

Happy to answer those questions!

1.It hadn't been his go to wear all the time, just during the winters or during situations that it is direly needed. As its a thick jacket and would already have died of over heating if he wore it at all times. (To add he is also used to the cold so anything above 40 F is warm to him. ) The Jacket itself is however still grungy old and warn out, it isn't as resistant as say a brand new one, but can still protect him for a short while.

2. The map is near useless save for knowing what town it is in, He probably wouldn't be able to find it alone, much less the chances of it even still being there. (But y'know sometimes its nice to remember where you left things. ) 

As for spelling issues, that's on me, I just type to quickly for my fingers and so I sometimes slip up a word, or misplace a letter. A bad habit I need to fix.

I'm not sure about the rest of the team but that all works for mew, I'll throw my +Support in.

+Support! The character you portray is interesting. It's always cool to see new people that were from different jobs and not all just doctors engineers and military xD 

Sign in to follow this