Brandon Adelstein (W.I.P)

New kid on the block? What brought ya to our little slice of un-life?
MrSmiles

Brandon Adelstein (W.I.P)

Postby MrSmiles » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:55 pm

Name: Brandon, Benjamin, Adelstein
What people see when they see Brandon
Alignment: Tempered Good
Height: 6,0
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Nationality: American, But I still got citizenship in Germany.
Sexuality: Pretty Straight, but in the end open minded
Status of Romantic Relationship: Single
Eye Color: Blue
Hair: Pretty short
Education:.
Location Status : With the group
Bio
Brandon was born in Germany but soon moved to America before he was even old enough to speak to a fairly small town in Idaho, him being the youngest of 2 brothers. Living in a town where it was pretty American, because of this he did stray away from his own family and would use this time to socialize with the people of the town. As he would grow older he would separate further from his own German roots. When he reached adult hood he used his own credit and recognition from the town to sell products all over, though originally it was full of actual effort into the product but later the quality decreased where it was boot leg level to half assed concoctions. This round him into a court room placing him under multiple charges which would keep him in debt for a long time. In the end he was found guilty, though instead of facing his fate he did run off with what little he did have. The town was too small for global news, but word would have easily spread around the town which was affected by Brandon and perhaps neighboring towns. He spent 2 years out on his own drifting from town to town, doing more honest work. Eventually he stood in one place long enough for his brother to find him, with that they reunite together and seems to be going good. At least until the outbreak happens.

Family
Papa Adelstein - Status Unknown
Mama Adelstein - Status unknown
Alfred Adelstein (Older Brother) - Last seen just before joining group, He was not let in like Brandon was.

Characteristics

- Charismatic: He enjoys a good conversation, He does what he can to bring up everyone's moral with a joke or just remembering to a better time and place.
- Open minded: He is actually fairly persuadable to a certain extent as he tends to try to stay Neutral on most topics so swaying him is not the hardest thing to do.
- Intelligent: He knows multiple facts just out of the blue. Sure he can't disarm a bomb or create a rocket but he does look at things through a logical stance.
- Nervous Wreck: Uses Medication to control it but without it would have huge clouded judgement and lack in confidence.
- Forthcoming: He is not what you would call a Leaky basket of secretes but he does wear his own intentions right on his sleeves.
- Dependent: He normally does carry his own weight, but when he makes a buddy or a pal he tends to spread that weight (Emotional or physical) onto them and if they leave then it just collapses back down on him.
- Responsible-ish: He tends to be more care free, but his motherly instincts will kick in if it calls for it.

Skills
(The names do not mean anything, Just imagine it as a skill set from 1-5 with 5 (Light green) being the best and 1 (Red) being the worst)

[Chip of the ol block] [Slightly Less than Perfect] [Experience Under Belt] [The Belt slipped] [Pretty Bad]

Communication - Smooth talker - Had to be with me selling some the garbage I had on me. That's what made me a great salesman... There is a reason "Real" salesmen work in offices, because they can't handle a real conversation.
Crafting / Inventing - Knock off king - Had to make my own products, Some were actually decent. Not as good as any original but people buy what looks familiar to them.
Mathmatics - Locker Stuffing - Before I became the successful buissness man I am, I took some job shadowing's Most of them were with teachers so I picked up alot.
Athletics - Walked 500 miles just to be the man who walked 1000 miles - I will say under the circumstances I was in I did take good care of myself, Who knew Forrest Gump had the right idea.
Close combat - Stick jabbing cookie - While on the road Al never trusted me with a gun, So not to shabby if I do say so myself, or should I say not to "stabby" ;)
Cooking - 3 star bean cooker - Living on my own did require me to actually make my own meals which made me miss home cooking. At least it was edible.
Medicine - Band-Aids for all - I can do the most basic patch job. And I can tell people not to overdose on the ibuprofen... Happens more than one thinks in motels.
Survival instincts - Enemy of all Squirrels - What has Nature ever done for me? Never gives me a break that's for sure.
Gun Knowledge - Which end do I put the rockets in? - Dad took me shooting once, Spent the whole time trying to shoot a gun on safety
Automotive skills - Dad never let me back the car out of the drive way - Never owned a car, Always was a hitch hike as I watched people do the thing with their feet to make the car go zoom... Magical.

Relationships
[In Relationship with] [Cares about] [Great Friend] [Friend] [Likes] [Acquainted] [On edge with] [Not on best terms] [Dislikes] [Hates] [Box?]
Alfred Adelstein - God Al, I am sorry that we split up, It happened so fast I did not realize it did when it happened. Please forgive me
Backston - The fucker has the nerve to brag about banging Chelsie right in front of me and right after than he would knee me in the fucking crotch. I tried to appologize but the asshole can't be reasoned.
► Show Spoiler
Heide - Saw the guy, Never talked to the guy, He was a big guy, Then he leaves.
► Show Spoiler
Simon Sinclaire - Man of the hour in my eyes, Probably the best company I had in a while
Ben - You are what makes every high school student fill up with envy, could do without the weed though kid.
Hannah - You let me and my brother in, it was mighty kind on account of the company we had around us.
Ethan - Not sure of what to make of you to be honest. You seem to pull some questionable moves where the rest of the group falls to pieces and someone else has to be there for us. But if I am going to be fair, at least you know when someone has had enough.
► Show Spoiler
Jack Becker - Quite the jumpy fellow, seemed nervous around me the first time we met. Then again I was hold a axe the whole time we talked.
Girl in Gasmask - You put your judgement aside and let Biggie back in, for that I should thank you but your argument in the end is still unjustified.
► Show Spoiler
Aleksei - Kind guy, a bit straight forward but nothing wrong with that. At least you tolerated my jokes.
Bosco - Scary looking guy, though you have to admire a guy who thought we were gonna get burnt to a crisp takes out a smoke to celebrate, and he did get us out of the... bad area...
'Alex'- Actually knocked me out of the bad mood I was in. Who would have thought a nice conversation would bring me up from my ditch. I thank you for that and I really do hope we stay on good terms.
That girl with bleached hair - You're quite the character, first you walk up to me as you write into your journal and question me of my entire past career, then in the end we make a promise to watch out for each other. To be there for each other if need be, and to top it all off I never even caught your name. Here is towards good health (OOC: Is also my hero)
Matt 'Crazy Joe': Obviously some war vet, or at least pretending to be. But he seems genuine so lets see where he goes from here.
Maggie: She is a bit of a hard ass, but when I lost Biggs, even though she thought the worst of him she atleast knows how to be human. Hoping for smooth sailing with the both of us.
Kim - Though of course you may be a burner, at least you didn't burn up Rheese when he would not stop going on and on about his kill.
Rheese - A trader, and I would say a friend indeed. You have treated me fair and right so I will say I can put my faith in you.
'Deb' - When I got scrapped up during the scuffle, I had blood dripping all across my face. I would say you probably saved me from getting an infection or worse. Thank you for that, but your should have stopped me from drinking that whisky because that really got me a bad ache in the head, shame you can't patch that up.
Travis Redding - We seem to have this thing where we sneak up on each other and startle each other. Seems like a good guy.
Chelsie - So you came back, I will say I am glad you did. I was in a tight spot when you came to my rescue, and to be honest I am just glad to have a friend back.
Box man - Just a box
Gone
The Dead
Biggie - You're dead, I never saw the bullet but I saw your remains being burnt to a crisp. I was given a gun, I could have avenged you... but I didn't, I regret that in my mind. The least I could do was burry you, I did not want to see you rot away with those other corpses which will wither away and be forgotten... I am sorry Biggie.
Ron - Last time I saw you was with the horde coming at us. I got knocked around a bit so I was brought inside but after that I never did see you. I regret that I never got to say my goodbyes to you.

Brandon's Sansa MP3 Player

-- With the twirl and a click, Brandon’s small rectangular player starts turning on and multiple options of files fill up the screen from audio books to music you decide since you came this far you can afford to wander a bit

Pictures

-- Your eyes fall onto the folder of pictures, curiously you debate with yourself whether you want to go in or not.

Picture 1
► Show Spoiler
Picture 2
► Show Spoiler
Picture 3
► Show Spoiler
Picture 4
► Show Spoiler
Picture 5
► Show Spoiler
Picture 6
► Show Spoiler
Picture 7
► Show Spoiler
Picture 8
► Show Spoiler

Recordings

Your eyes fall onto recordings, it seems there may be quite a bit in here and you are not sure if you want to dive into deep personal parts of his life. Whether you choose to go in and respect Brandon’s privacy is your decision, though then again you have already gone this far to sneak it from under his nose…

Entering the folder, plugging in whatever earbuds or headphones you have. You find it odd that this thing has no speakers yet Brandon does not have any headphones or anything to hear it. You find multiple recordings and you are given the option to start where ever you please as you hold the power of his Music box.

-- Recording 001
► Show Spoiler
-- Recording 002
► Show Spoiler
-- Recording 003
► Show Spoiler
-- Recording 004
► Show Spoiler
-- Recording 005

The most recent ones, from around 8 months in since the outbreak
- Recording 001
► Show Spoiler
- Recording 002
b]Music[/b]

Seems to be pretty well organized as if he had tons of time to sort out every little song. You look on the bottom of the player and see that has a little USB which can allow it to transfer music, if you ever wanted to be so kind and drop down some music into it and see whether he keeps it or not (Wink, wink, wink, Send some to me ;))
Authors Note This is all OOC, and are just the original intentions and story with my character. Since after he is not gonna be around for much longer (Definitely not using this to pretend I am working in class)

When Brandon was first created he was meant to be the weaker link between two brothers. A friend of mine was there to play his brother Alfred a stronger sense of him and would be there to pick up the rest of the weight which Brandon could not carry on his own. But sadly while Brandon was able to get into the group without a problem, Alfred had some problems with their character background as he was wanting to be military but he was stopped by admins. Which in the end he was not allowed to be and this caused him to be upset on account that we both spent a week on how our characters would be and their story would intertwine. He called it quits and never returned even promising to me that he would never return again and still today me and Spring are both trying to convince him to return. That caused some problems with my character Brandon, as now I had to not only RP things out as if I lost my brother but also I had to learn to make friends since originally I never knew how Typing only servers operated and I was nervous back then to make a slip up. Also Alfred took the gun with him and I was stuck with the damn butter knife.

Eventually I came up with a great idea with my character, Since the fact that he is pretty much one of the oldest since most people from the group never exceeded 25. I created my character to first be a scam artist somewhat of a scam artist who made nothing but knock off of actual good products but of course just doing that did not feel right so for a few weeks I spent time also thinking of how he could have been brought to do this. So in the end I came up with the idea that Brandon never actually started doing this until later in his life, where is still young enough to make mistakes while old enough to almost achieve his goals. He would before hand taking up the art would be he had originally planned on becoming a Teacher because of one of his High school teachers which taught chemistry. He would follow after and would even job shadow her to gain college credit towards following her in the same passion. I would say around his second year in which is something I never really brought up in both was that I was thinking of having a old friend which was good at making things by hand and would come to Brandon in hopes he could help him out. Now at first it was a tag team thing where Brandon would come up with the ideas and plans while the other friend would build it, and at first their creations were of actual marketable quality but eventually it would decline with their final project being a low grade vacuum cleaner. Brandon would sell these things and at first he did this as a part time to get some extra money since he had plans to propose to his girlfriend. She does accept and around this time Brandon's latest project lands him in court, on account that the vacuum cleaner itself was made faulty and actually put people at risk. Because of this Brandon left the state and spent time drifting, all the while he left his fiancé who actually had twins which in the end one of them did die while the other one grew up without his real father. A little before the beginning his brother finds him and tells him about everything that has changed since he left, on how his fiancé married off to someone else and about the son he just recently learned he had.

Backston has to be my favorite person in the server. He was the first person I actually had a 1 on 1 conversation with and what was great about him was that I actually had this well placed thought about him since the fact he was so nice. Then he pulls out his radio and says I am intruding on his property and that's how I knew he was gonna be my favorite person. But that was out of character since the fact that in character about every time they ever met Backston would always forget who he was. What makes things better was that eventually I learned about Chelsie's and Backston's relationship and I thought it was one of the greatest things ever. I loved listening to Spring get emotional when Backston would pull a Backston and go "ey bb am sorry, pls love" He is a very beautiful man so I can't judge.

Chelsie was who I consider as the first friend made on the server, Now I knew Spring before the server as spring was the one who showed me this. But Chelsie in character instead of going full "I gotcha, follow me, lets be friends, Wah why are we on the bed?" It was a slow friendship build up which took 2 days and their character getting drunk for me to get their life story. Now because of the fact this was Spring we both used TS3 together and because of that I had no interest in my character being romantically interested in theirs. So what I did instead was basically sort of have their character remind my character of his fiancé. Which is why my character was more drawn towards her was because she reminds him of the future wife and son he left behind to escape his own problems.

There have been a few others which I wish I got to know, Simon was pretty cool, I wish I got to talk to Ethan more since he had that true leadership role feel and I wish I could have understood him more. Hannah was pretty cool, the first friendly person I met in the group even though one of my friends were playing a stereotypical black guy selling drugs, they did not last long. Lets see, Maggie was also cool since she was pro military and it was great to see her flick from "They Military did a good job burning that guy" to "Damn, he was your friend?...am soori". Mayu, I seriously don't know how they can stand staying a child so long, they spend so much time in the RV and it's pretty hard to talk to them without seeming like a creep trying to give them candy "Why hello there, are you alone? Well I would ask you to come into my van but it seems your already have one". (If I missed anyone who I could put my thoughts on let me know)

I do wish I was around more, and that I was not as shy as I was in the beginning. What I do regret is that I do recall in the past stumbling onto a L4D server, but it had the serious RP only typing mode on it so that scared me off. So I am wishing for the best outcomes to come and hoping this is not the end for one of the greatest role plays I have ever been apart of since Roblox.

(Did I forget someone? then yell at me down below to add ya and remind me who ya were ;) )
Last edited by MrSmiles on Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:39 am, edited 112 times in total.
Masta of the Arts and Crafts
Character: Jamie Udesky, Jackie Harrison
Contact me on Skype: hhatfie
Steam: STEAM_0:0:4134190
Or Messenger Pigeons, Though be warned I keep my windows closed
Spring

Re: Brandon Adelstein (W.I.P)

Postby Spring » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:25 am

:D Your a colorful individual bb
[BLN] Spring/Fixer

Players:
-Chelsie Jasmine
MrSmiles

Postby MrSmiles » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:27 am

Spring wrote::D Your a colorful individual bb
Dats y they call me the Masta of the Arts and Crafts
MrSmiles

Postby MrSmiles » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:53 am

- Update -
Added a skill set (Will color it without the need of a update)
MrSmiles

Postby MrSmiles » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:05 am

UPDATE :D
- Added a picture of before outbreak photo
- Added Alignment
- Added Characteristics (More may come on the way)
Druzhina

Postby Druzhina » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:08 am

Just a bit of an FYI.. "Motor skills" refers to the ability to use a body part/functioning like a normal human; often defined by, "Motor skill is when babies start to learn how to control movement of part of the body. This process involves the coordination of muscles." Perhaps you should reword "Motor skills" to something like "Automotive skills", as when I saw that "Motor skills" was listed as "Pretty bad" I assumed that your character was mentally handicapped before I actually read what you meant.
Legion

Postby Legion » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:12 am

MrSmiles wrote:Dad never let me back the car out of the drive way - Never owned a car, Always was a hitch hike as I watched people do the thing with their feet to make the car go zoom... Magical.
I think that clarifies his point.
MrSmiles

Postby MrSmiles » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:39 am

Druzhina wrote:Just a bit of an FYI.. "Motor skills" refers to the ability to use a body part/functioning like a normal human; often defined by, "Motor skill is when babies start to learn how to control movement of part of the body. This process involves the coordination of muscles." Perhaps you should reword "Motor skills" to something like "Automotive skills", as when I saw that "Motor skills" was listed as "Pretty bad" I assumed that your character was mentally handicapped before I actually read what you meant.
(jk, thanks for pointing this out. I did not realize what I put down earlier, I am not good with Woodshop ya know)
Druzhina

Postby Druzhina » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:50 am

MrSmiles wrote:
Druzhina wrote:Just a bit of an FYI.. "Motor skills" refers to the ability to use a body part/functioning like a normal human; often defined by, "Motor skill is when babies start to learn how to control movement of part of the body. This process involves the coordination of muscles." Perhaps you should reword "Motor skills" to something like "Automotive skills", as when I saw that "Motor skills" was listed as "Pretty bad" I assumed that your character was mentally handicapped before I actually read what you meant.
(jk, thanks for pointing this out. I did not realize what I put down earlier, I am not good with Woodshop ya know)
I love the way you draw your hands.
MrSmiles

Postby MrSmiles » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:31 pm

Update :D
- Added relationships (Tell me if I spelt your name wrong)
- Updated Status
- Will change how relationship tags work in future