WHATS HAPPENING

Post whatever here, man. Talk about your day, make a meme, shitpost.
Sillykilla

WHATS HAPPENING

Postby Sillykilla » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:18 pm

i'm confused on what's happening with the server. i've been busy with school and work and stuff but nobody seems to get on and it seems like everyone got bored with the server
Ollie

Re: WHATS HAPPENING

Postby Ollie » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:24 pm

I don't know, Andrew died, Talis is just- depressed and sad, uh we got a new map and all that,
ZergHunter
Site Admin

Postby ZergHunter » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:41 pm

Life hit some people (Empty vanished to another flood)
Some people aren't able to get on at all, as you stated you're unable to. I know we have members that can only get on on the weekend, and other who never get on on the weekend so it kind of conflicts there.
Knomad and I are on consistently, he more than I, but I get on as often as I can, over the last week I've had quiet a few concerts that prevented me from getting on but I get on as much as I can. We still run events for the people who do get on as we can. Unless it's something major we're doing horrible wrong as admins (Which if that's the case, tell us we want to fix our problems) It's just a matter of people being busy with life, the gmod RP community being small and people not joining servers until there's 10 people at a minimum in them :P

Personally I'm going to be continuing the story with whatever player base we have, as long as everyone that does join is able to have fun, that's all that matters to me.
Sillykilla

Postby Sillykilla » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:09 pm

ZergHunter wrote:Life hit some people (Empty vanished to another flood)
Some people aren't able to get on at all, as you stated you're unable to. I know we have members that can only get on on the weekend, and other who never get on on the weekend so it kind of conflicts there.
Knomad and I are on consistently, he more than I, but I get on as often as I can, over the last week I've had quiet a few concerts that prevented me from getting on but I get on as much as I can. We still run events for the people who do get on as we can. Unless it's something major we're doing horrible wrong as admins (Which if that's the case, tell us we want to fix our problems) It's just a matter of people being busy with life, the gmod RP community being small and people not joining servers until there's 10 people at a minimum in them :P

Personally I'm going to be continuing the story with whatever player base we have, as long as everyone that does join is able to have fun, that's all that matters to me.
I can tell you right now it's not the admins that are doing something wrong. You guys are one of the best communities i've been with in terms of administration. No Drama, no misuse of power or anything. I guess some people are just busy. I hope everything is well with everyone in the community. I miss playing with you guys and hopefully I'm able to get active soon.
ZergHunter
Site Admin

Postby ZergHunter » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:44 pm

We've been through dips in population before, it happens every few months. It sucks when it happens but we've been through it before and I'm sure it will happen again. So long as we have a core group of dedicated players like you guys we'll be just fine in the end.

Sometimes people just need a break from Gmod, I know I try taking breaks from it from time to time. I've got over 8,000 hours in Gmod, I burn myself out on it and I'm sure others do as well. We'll continue to offer the best narrative we can with the people we have to the best of our ability!
Patient Zero

Postby Patient Zero » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:29 am

I've just lost the mood to play on Gmod in general, I'm gonna try to start getting on more, I've just been doing other stuff with my friends on Steam.
postal_ech

Postby postal_ech » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:39 pm

Lately life itself has hit me and I've barely had time to really do any RP on GMod. Plus, well, I kinda fell back in love with HL2RP anyways, so...well, yeah.
Emptybag

Postby Emptybag » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:42 pm

Hey everyone.

I can't speak for the state of the server right now as I've been really disconnected these last two weeks. I've suffered my third flood within a year trying to install heat where I am so I don't freeze to death in the rapidly approaching winter. It was a forced hot water heat system and so when we checked for leaks it covered the entire house. Which meant the floor was also covered in boiling hot water and made it extremely humid to the point where even if I could do something on the PC I shouldn't. That, and the people that were helping get the heat in were sprayed in the front half of their body with the boiling water .... it's been a pretty hectic two weeks for me.

The room has returned to being water-less for the most part, but I'm also trying to work against an encroaching 'game over' on my time limit to get a sustainable job. So, that's going to always be my number one until I secure it, so I can start paying my loans at the end of December.

I've been mostly out of touch with the admin team but I know they have been doing things, and before I had gone off the radar we did have plans, including ones into the future, for what we wanted to do. Without knowing the situation fully, all I can say is basically Zerg is right; we have stuff planned and try to carry through but it's hard through dry spells. It happens pretty much every year and it's not much to worry about, but the availability of players is what hinges the event interactions we can give. Nobody's fault in particular, but I feel like I have a responsibility to at least say my piece of what has (or hasn't) been going on.

I'm in good health though, nobody got severe burns, and other than a torrent of family bullshit I've been handling for a month or so, everything is relatively alright. Just need that job :)
Stay awesome guys, I'll be around at some point.
Andrew

Postby Andrew » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:00 am

IM MAMKING A NEW CHARACTER BECAUSE SILLY FUCKING PERSUADED ME TO I WANT THIS BACK PLS #BRINGZHBACKFROMTHEDEAD (ha get it...ok)
On a serious note, I do hope this server doesn't die like like last time because that a was fucking shame and this is literally the only server that I've stuck to more than a day (seriously, ask Silly.) On that note I'm going to be getting on more than before and mostly it'll just be Knomad and I idling but oh well.
ZergHunter
Site Admin

Postby ZergHunter » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:06 pm

Andrew wrote:IM MAMKING A NEW CHARACTER BECAUSE SILLY FUCKING PERSUADED ME TO I WANT THIS BACK PLS #BRINGZHBACKFROMTHEDEAD (ha get it...ok)
On a serious note, I do hope this server doesn't die like like last time because that a was fucking shame and this is literally the only server that I've stuck to more than a day (seriously, ask Silly.) On that note I'm going to be getting on more than before and mostly it'll just be Knomad and I idling but oh well.
We're not going anywhere. And having more people "Idling" brings others in, so it's really appreciated. The more people that join regularly, the more we can do to keep the server rolling. I personally have no problem continuing the story with a small playerbase, one reason I love this setting so much is a small player base can have as much interaction and character development as a large one. And as we start getting our regulars back on, others will start finding the server again :P