New looting idea?

Do you wanna see a new map? Cool zed idea? Want weapons or models? We can read all about it.
Sillykilla

New looting idea?

Postby Sillykilla » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:52 pm

Okay so sometimes the maps were currently on absolutely has no loot at all, but what if you're character needs food? gear? what are you gonna do.

their should be a system in place where the character goes off the map, weather in a Steam RP or in the server just teleported to a different section of the map. In the steam RP an admin will play the event one on one with a character and it can be filled with zombies, bandits or another character to interact with. Same thing can be done in game. How will the player start it? Simply ask an admin.

I thought of this and it could possibly be cool to have just wanted to hear everyone's input and see where this goes
Andrew

Re: New looting idea?

Postby Andrew » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:08 am

+support, I played another epidemic server where they sent off people and took x amount of days for them to return and the admin decided what loot to give out determining on how long they stayed out and whatnot. All in all, I like this.
Emptybag

Postby Emptybag » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:30 am

There is and has been an event server in place for a few months now. It's gotten roadtime for two events, and without wanting to shove words into Zerg's mouth without him giving his own say-so, I'll say I'd personally rather keep server stuff in one of our servers rather than in PMs. Not that I have anything against anyone in particular, but it keeps things logged and nice and it's more than a text based adventure game.

But that being said those events only use the event server if a small group of people decide to go out and loot elsewhere (i.e. 3-5). It's not meant to be gigantic, but enough to riff off of one another plus the odd NPC or random man you find wherever you happen to go.
ZergHunter
Site Admin

Postby ZergHunter » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:27 pm

I understand the idea, and think it's something we may be able to expand off of as a platform, but I agree with Empty that steam RP isn't the best option. I do prefer logs on the server just for record keeping sake in case of disputes and the like.

Another problem I see with this (This isn't a knock against the idea more so this is what I see people trying with us allowing it) is people who leave the server for long periods at a time coming back saying they get X and X and X because they were off map and deserve loot for not playing on the server (we get people doing that already, I just see more people doing it with this)

Now off map excursions and the like, I'd be willing to work with that more. We want to use the event server more often, I think it would be great for an off map trek to wherever going down more often. I would be more than happy to plan a smaller event like that with interested players. Though I feel going off map in a lot of situations is going to be more high risk situations than low risk, though that will be determined by the event and location. But overall I'd be happy to work with you guys to put the event server to better use for off map excursions and maybe even let some player controlled events happen there!
Emptybag

Postby Emptybag » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:28 pm

ZergHunter wrote:Now off map excursions and the like, I'd be willing to work with that more. We want to use the event server more often, I think it would be great for an off map trek to wherever going down more often.
@Sillykilla et. al, We already have a relatively large selection of maps that are really hella good, but not good for stationary 15 person maps that don't offer a ton of content, but what they have is neat. They've been cataloged as event maps, and we've just been waiting for the right time to use them (usually we'd try waiting for a player to have an idea that fits with a selection pool we have instead of an admin just saying it and our word being law because that's boring)
Andrew

Postby Andrew » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

I'm up for anything, boyos.