Be Advised

Can't connect? Addon repeatedly not working? If all else fails and you think it's us, let us know and we'll do our best to address it.
Emptybag

Be Advised

Postby Emptybag » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:32 pm

Zerg is currently out on vacation for the weekend, so no hard changes will be able to be made this week, unfortunately. However, there are things to keep in mind:

1) We have been working as an aide to Blacktea (who co-created Nutscript) & a bunch of other avid coders and have identified/brought to their attention some rather large bugs. The most recent one we found made it impossible to load created characters once you disconnected (on their Git branch). Thusly,
2) We reverted the server copy of NS to one from early June to avoid these issues, but with this that also means that some nice fixes will be missed out on until Blacktea can fix the issue.
3) Similarly, there may have been confusion serverside or on our part with certain NS files, because now when you create a character, the description doesn't stay (but it appears that if you copy + paste it once it's created in the f1 menu, it will be saved.) Although a minor nuisance, I recommend saving the character descriptions somewhere on your computer just in case [EDIT: Just confirmed that a C+P after spawn persists after quitting. Not sure why this issue exists but you should be okay if you do that]. Some (but not all) flags, such as physgun, also appear to not be permanent right now for whatever reason.
4) I seem to have PAC working on my end, but when I 'wear' my outfit, it gives a script error. I don't yet know if people can see what I wear or not, but I have confirmed by Red that even if he has PAC flags (which you shouldn't actually need), he can't access the PAC menu. I don't know if this is local to Red or not, but this is most likely due to a NS confusion between the prior version we reverted to and the newer updates.
5) We are currently working on solidifying our script to be up to par and all things (new and old) should be functioning within a few days. But that doesn't mean that Zerg can necessarily apply them until he comes home.
6) Once NS hits a stable release, we will most likely stay with it unless we're notified on something that we think will be exceptionally useful. As such, these issues shouldn't arise again.

I feel it's important to be transparent with everyone, but I hope that it can still be enjoyed all the same even with these known issues for a few more days. If anyone notices anymore feel free to pm me on steam or reply here, although the error probably won't be substantial and will be fixed once Blacktea zeroes in on what he needs to do for the most recent Git release.

Because the first few days will be normal civilian life anyway, most of these issues shouldn't really conflict with any RP experience, and Zerg will definitely be back by the time things may get rolling.