Issues with Administration.

Need to post logs? Contend with an IC action? Those threads go here.
Mint

Issues with Administration.

Postby Mint » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:14 am

So its really a pretty simple issue but I can't get any footing and instead of actually making decisions and administrating the administration team decided that they won't care until I put it on the forums. You know, so they can humiliate me in public where everyone can do it instead of the traditional privacy of steam chat.

Anne got picked up by a charger, turning a corner to where she was facing it. In the logs the only thing that was said is that she was picked up by it, as the two were facing at the time the charger would have to turn her around a full 180 before she would be facing out. At this point, she was thrown through a window and onto the floor in a room by the charger. Now with her being held in the charger's right arm, and the room being on the right, logic would state that she'd naturally go through back first unless the charger turned her around, or completely went to the other side of the window and through her in over his left shoulder. Though, this wasn't the case.

At this point I was told to roll for my injuries and I told them I'd never do so. Mostly because things like character injuries should never be randomly decided over a roll, as they can sometimes affect the entire outcome of the character. Rather- admins should be the ones deciding the way things end up. Thats where this issue starts.
I told the admin playing the charger to decide my character's injuries and they did. A fractured eye socket, a broken leg, and cuts from the glass. While I definitely understand and agree with the broken leg- especially how that's going to disable my character for months, the whole seat of this issue is the eye socket. Looking at a document I read that was made by harvard about orbital fractures, this kind of fracture would be really hard to achieve without her also getting skull fractures (and probably killing her) or without ludicrous and focused force on the eye socket alone. Keep in mind, bone is harder than concrete and the eye socket is no exception to this.

The administrator then tried to justify the injury by saying that she had been thrown face first- though logs had told a different story. The administrator then said over pm's that he wanted to either partially or fully blind my character even though people who suffer from fractured eye sockets never really lose vision because of it, unless there was direct impact on the eye (which makes no sense as to why there would be in the first place, and the logs never said she'd been hit directly on the eye.)

Today I was about to get on and roleplay and I was talking to An_Emptybag about the situation, hoping he'd put a end to it and find some kind of resolution. But, instead of that, the co-owner of the server decided that even though the injury doesn't make any sense in the first place, he was going to FORCE me to play her blind or else he'd just ban my character. When I tried to reason with him, he just refused to listen until I made a post about it on the forums- so that's why we're here now.

"Why do you care so much?": Well I care because this is my character. Anne's gone through different servers and had a couple years of development up to this point and I feel she's finally, FINALLY gotten somewhere as a character and I'm proud and happy to see where the character is going. Though, a lot of this foundation is built off the ability for her to give back through her hunting skills, which she has been doing. With the girl being blind in one eye, she'd lose her depth perception and it'd render her aim useless- the girl wouldn't be able to hit anything. To be honest, it'd be hard for her to even swing a axe and hit anything let alone use the bow and arrow. Which, is something she's gotten great at and I've put so much effort into to develop.

The whole reason I've been bringing this up and refusing to roleplay what the admins are trying to do to my character is because it'd ruin her. Without any ability to hunt or give back to the group, the girl would just sit and do nothing all day again like she has. Completely reverting any progress I've had on this entire server and servers back. It hurts as a player to get treated like this, to just have some salty admin get to just demolish everything I've worked so hard to accomplish and plan to keep going with it. I literally get made fun of by some really awesome friends that couldn't sit on here for more than fifteen minutes without leaving because of this administration. People who've built some of the largest servers and ran fantastic communities, people I look up to in roleplay could hardly stand to be on here- just because of this kind of treatment. And I have to say- if these admins decide to destroy everything I've worked to create over absolutely nothing I don't think I'll have much of a reason to stay on here any longer.

Thanks for your time.
Last edited by Mint on Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
MooMoo.

Re: Lol. I really kinda don't wanna argue about this stuff but ya'll are forcing me to.

Postby MooMoo. » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:00 am

While I have been trying to understand and sympathize with your frustration, this is absolutely unacceptable as a post on the dispute forum. You addressed the issue, but also took the time to rant, taking OOC information that we've corrected you on in the past, and decided to highlight how poor the administration team is. This is fine, no one is saying you can't dislike administration. You're also claiming you've had these friends come on and they can't stand to play within fifteen minutes worth of our server. I've never seen these friends, nor do we hear about them, or their complaints, so how can we fix what we're apparently doing wrong? We've tried and tried to remain civil, and this entire dispute could've been avoided had you just rolled. Hate the roll system, or not, you got what was given to you, and got very snippy at the admin that was handling the injury, and the blindness only came as the result of you making assumptions in pm's. I saw it in the logs, so don't act as if the admin is waving his power around just to piss you off. That's an insult towards us, and I think we've been incredibly patient.

I'd also like to congratulate you again on saying we're trying to humiliate you, when the forum is utilized for things like this, as debating it in steam isn't practical, nor is it something anyone wants to do. I'm going to come out and say as well, it is not the job of the administration to decide absolutely everything at any time, this again is why we have a roll system. It's unbiased, fair for everyone, and the same chance is given all around. You chose to let someone else decide your injury for you, flat out refusing to use it, and got what you were given.

This was absolutely unacceptable as a post, you know better than to title something like this, and the additions of some of the content you added weren't needed. Whenever a situation comes up of this caliber, you're quick to victimize yourself and make it out to be as if you're the target of abuse.

Role-play is something that can have many different outcomes, and they're not all going to be favorable. You roll with the punches and take what you get, it's just how it works out. We all agreed that had you made a civil post simply highlighting why you didn't want to role-play the injury, and explained your side of things, we would allow you to drop the downside of blindness in one eye.

This wasn't civil, this was childish. If you don't enjoy the server, and you feel that your time is being wasted because we can't roll out the red carpet and make your role-play experience the absolute best it can be by your standards - I suggest you become the owner of your own server, make your own rules, get your own player base - (You should start with the many friends that apparently come and go, as you've claimed) - and enjoy yourself. I'd hate to bring you any more grief. I'm done being civil with this situation, and you're on thin ice at this point. The out of character on the server is going to stop, and you're more than welcome to post your complaints forum side so we can all review it - But if there's another outburst server side like there was the last time, when we've said time and time again that global out of character isn't for that, I will personally permanently ban you from the server, and you won't have to worry about wasting your time anymore.

And if you want to reply to this post, and have gripes about it, be my guest, but you better keep it on the forum.

Thank you.
- MooMoo.
Emptybag

Re: Lol. I really kinda don't wanna argue about this stuff but ya'll are forcing me to.

Postby Emptybag » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:20 am

1) That is the most childish way to make a subject for a dispute I've seen in my life. (-1). It somehow is worse than someone trying to appeal a nazi's death. (-2)
2) This section is here for a wonderful reason, you are not exempt from a public-facing dispute. It's so people can see it openly and nothing is hidden. (-3)
3) You can't quote me on anything from earlier because I was legitimately the only one from the admin team not on during that. Why would I ever hold override power for something I never fell witness to? It is a checks and balance system, it all falls apart if I break that. (-10) for pinning it on me

Any injury that happens to anybody will ruin them. I RP'd an entire real life week of bedrest and didn't move a single damn limb during that time. Another character was stuck on a roof due to knee injuries. Yet another was gang-killed which I think is the ultimate ruiner.

I would like to restate that you asked for this (-1). I might not have been present on server, but the charger offered to roll, and anything above 50 would be barely harmful. You neglected that reasoning, and said for the charger to decide. Given that you were charged at, grabbed, and thrown through a window by something much larger and stronger than you, the charger gave you what they felt was appropriate. Remember, because you asked them to. It was a really busy night and there was alot going on, so I can imagine if an argument broke out (which I'm unsure of because I wasn't in attendance), you were kicked or something. Because from what I witnessed, I had a chatbox of yellow PM text and green @admin calls for two straight hours AFTER the event was done.

Let me divert a moment from you. Whereas you are angry because you believe the admin team is out to get you and are hurt as a player to be treated in this apparent way, it really makes me feel wonderful when you spend these great 4-day sprints complaining to me in steam about every thing. So, now that we wish to put our feelings on the battle ground, you've been ███████████ Rather rude to me and I believe I was more than patient with you through the whole thing. Maybe one day you'll realize that, or perhaps you will decide to █████████████████ Rethink your choices beforehand. You aren't a ███████████████ special exception. You have pestered me, and probably the other admins at some point. And yet despite that, I've bent and buckled for you time and time again in hopes that you'd change. That's happened no less than three times, probably more. And I tried to maintain the peace both for your sanity, the players, and mine, time and time again. I don't hate you, I'm not angry at you, I'm simply disappointed in how you handle your player/server issues. But ██████████████████████. (I won't translate that one).

So this time I said no, involve the people who were actually there, in the event, for the entire night. Instead of just arguing with me, a person who wasn't even on when you were, and was on for a very short time. Yeah, I was going to force you to talk to the people that mattered and post here. That's why this is here. But you decided in your dispute to involve my hand in things when it wasn't there in the first place. Oh well.

I don't care about your friends' attendance on the server. (-1)
I don't care about how you feel. I try to come at everything for a neutral angle, but I'm rather notorious for being easy on my decisions. And I'm tired of these antics. (-1)
I don't care about your opinions about how we should run because in this very post you insult this entire admin team. ████████████████████████████ That's mean.
Other complaints have occurred, and resolved without blowing it out of proportion.
We've had plenty of people on the server, from entire beginners to RP to 5-10 year+ vets. Of everyone, I can with 100% certainty say that you have the most problems with what appears to be both the administration team and our decisions.
Good news, there is a solution to all of this! Nobody is forcing you to come back if what we are providing is absolute agony to you. Moreso, we can even insure that you won't have to deal with the agony again!

If this post was snipped to the relevant parts, maybe had a subject that wasn't the sassiest passive aggressive thing on the planet, and instead kept this un-personal to me and my admin team, I would have no problem giving you the okay to have your injury changed, because the evidence you provided does argue your case extremely well (+2) . Between fighting me in steam chat (-1) despite my statements telling you not to (-1) and how RP works, and this post here...it could've went better. I am extremely hard pressed to find where you thought this was an acceptable thing to do. Clearly you can read, and you are aware of what has transpired...but you still decide to write it specifically this way (-3).

Points tally: (-19). Seems like it could go better. No, there isn't a reason for the numbers, but It keeps me from acting entirely unprofessional. As you can see, my original words were not quite the right thing to say, so I fixed that.

You are entirely able to reply to what anyone of the admin team says in this thread. But I strongly suggest that you rethink your words and compose them in a more serialized manner. Apologies if I got under your skin with those pesky unicode blocks.
ZergHunter
Site Admin

Postby ZergHunter » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:32 am

Wow oh boy. Well let's start off with, I agree with everything the others have posted already and they already covered most things.

Let me cover the side of the story I know best, on this one.

What has happened here. As stated above. A charger attack Anne, threw her through a window, face first. The admin playing the charger asked you to roll 3 times, and as far as a DM/GM perspective goes, he had the rule if you rolled above 50 on any of those, the injuries would of been minor. If not, there would of been some decent injuries to deal with. (This obviously you didn't know because that's the whole point of the DM screen.) You REFUSED to roll and FORCED him to take time out of playing the charger and PAUSE 5 OTHER PEOPLES RP to make him come up with a decision on the spot for you. The decision was not made to make Anne blind there, it was the broken leg, glass in the neck, and the eye socket thing. You asked him if he'd be reasonable to not have the glass in her neck as that'd probably kill her. HE AGREED AND REMOVED THAT. Then you PMed him OVER AND OVER AGAIN ABOUT IT. And finally you PMed him saying "jeeze you gonna make her blind too damn" He replied simply with a "Yes" because you wouldn't stop bugging him and he was trying to finish his charger roleplay. You then jumped from him, to Moo, then from Moo to Me. We all told you the same thing. "Bring it to the forums and we can discuss there." This didn't happen. You continued to yell at me throughout the night about how unfair it was and how this COULDN'T POSSIBLY HAPPEN. Which is great. As Empty said, your proof is good and shows it probably WOULDN'T happen. But once RP has been done we can't just keep arguing about it on the server and on steam.

You continued to message me on steam and yell at me about how I'm the owner and I have to make these decisions all on my own. I'm sorry Mint, I have delegated work to the admins because that's what they are there for. And when you disagree with a decision you bring it here to discuss on an open platform for both admins and players to chat about and help decide what's most fair. We want the experience to be as fair as possible and not hidden behind closed doors when major disagreements happen. That's also why we have the roll system it's the most fair and balanced way to deal with most things like this.

We were working with a server that was almost at capacity while missing one of our admins. So we wanted to focus on that and make sure everyone was having the best time possible. You brought it into OOC then and kept on shouting about how stupid the admins are and this is unfair and blah blah blah. Then you continued to PM the Charger and continue complaining about it. So to keep the peace within the server since everyone was annoyed at you constantly complaining, he banned you for an hour.

THEN COMES TODAY! Where you go to Empty and try go over me and the other admins to get it taken care of. He tells you the exact same thing. Come to the forums. Which wow you did! GREAT. Too bad you made the most self entitled condescending forum post I think I've ever seen. We agreed last night that once you made a post as long as it was civil we'd gladly work with you and remove the blindness. But this is just childish.

I couldn't care less about all these "Friends" you have that have joined and left because they couldn't stand us. I am done with these attacks against us and my team Mint. If your reply to this is even half as snobby and condescending as this post you'll never have to worry about the administration coming after you or trying to humiliate you or anything like that again. It will be a perma ban because I'm done fighting with you. You WILL play Anne with a blind eye now and the injuries given to you or you will be banned. You will not fight this any longer or you will be banned. You will play nicely with the admin team and if you have a dispute with what we've done you can bring it up on the forums nicely. You will not argue with us on steam anymore or you will be banned. This is the FINAL straw for you Mint. Please don't take this opportunity to stay with us lightly. Many people have been banned for much less than what you've done.
HyaneFleischer

Re: Issues with Administration.

Postby HyaneFleischer » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:11 am

Thank you everyone else for getting the nice things out of the way, sorry it took me so long.

Mint dont try to change the title of your post to make you look like less of a childish asshole, you disrespect everyone on the admin team in OOC, then in admin chat, then in PMs, then in steam. You harass us for almost 24 hours, you refuse to RP things that you even wanted. You come onto the forums playing the victim, acting like we are bullying you when you wanted this. You wanted all of this
[17:23:00] Anne Rayne said [LOOC] "dude, I'm not gonna roll for injuries. That isn't just randomly decided."
[17:23:32] Anne Rayne said [LOOC] "no no charger gets to decide"
[17:23:40] Anne Rayne said [LOOC] "charger was the one who hurt her. "
[17:23:46] Anne Rayne said [LOOC] "but a random number shouldn't decide"
You asked for this, and when you got it you didn't like it, well that's just too fucking bad. Saturday night we had well over 25 people connect to the server, all wanting to RP and have fun. Not a single one of them connected just for you, because the server wasn't made for you, you aren't special, you don't get special treatment just because you're you and you've been here a long time or whatever reason you were trying to give me as you refused to RP properly. Here is a list of things that should help keep this easy from this point on:
Things that happened: You refused an injury roll, forcing me to cater to you, and only you, instead of the 25 other people playing.
You then asked for me to void part of your injury, as to keep your character critical injury free, and I did.
You then began to PM me, multiple times with passive aggressive shit, one of them being. [17:31:49]Anne Rayne used "/pm charger jeeze you gonna make her blind too damn"
You then spammed MooMoo, and then you spammed Zerg, then you spammed EmptyBag in steam chat. All of them telling you to bring it to the forums, like anyone else.
When you brought it to the forums you did it in a disgusting excuse of a dispute post that was riddled with passive aggressive comments, insults, uncalled for complaints and was just unobjective.
You alienated any new player who may have joined during your outburst as you flooded OOC with shitposts.
Things that will happen: You WILL apologize to Zerg, MooMoo, and Emptybag in a public post on the forums.
You WILL also apologize to the community in that post.
You WILL RP Anne with a blind right eye from this point on without question or argument.
You WILL NEVER bring complaints into OOC.
You WILL NEVER bring complaints into Admin chat.
You WILL NEVER bring complaints into /pms
You WILL bring any and all complaints onto the forums in an objective, well thought out, and kind post, unlike the one you made here.

Things that will get you banned:
Disrespecting anyone in the community, anywhere, for any reason, at any time.
Making any more passive aggressive comments, in OOC, on the Forums, or even in PMs.
Spamming admins ever again, for anything, ever.
► Show Spoiler
"But this server is ridiculously democratic" - A hacker with 12K hours in Gmod
Mint

Postby Mint » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:52 pm

Yeah. I'm sorry, like really. I've been tired this whole week and I kinda didn't want to argue about this kinda stuff over the forums at all but it just got pushed to this. I really wasn't in any place to post like I did, I'll admit that. I apologize for getting upset and frustrated about this kind of stuff. From here on out I'll try my best to keep it tamer if that's the way you want it- I'm just more used to these more toxic and salty servers and I should know better than bringing all that with me on here.

There are a lot of issues here and I don't really want to waste anyone's time with this convoluted hot mess of a problem that's boiled over last night, so I'm going to try to keep it to two topics that should debate and explain my issues better.

1) Compromise: This is kinda where this whole issue comes from I feel. I'm from the South and I sometimes can't help but be stubborn about stuff, I'll admit that right here. Though, its all for the point of some kind of give or compromise between the player base's needs and what the admins want to do. With the injuries I was given originally Anne would have died there on the floor flat out, dead. I asked the administrator there and he was kind enough to keep glass from being lodged in her throat and neck and moved them to other less lethal places. That's great, that's compromise and I really appreciate that- but when there's this big huge hot mess of an injury that doesn't really make any sense that will completely destroy my character and not even budging on that because 'well at least he got rid of the glass' is what really frustrates me. I mean at this point it feel's like you're just trying to punish me by smashing her socket in for no reason. Like some kind of administrative punch to the temple of my character. Usually I wouldn't care but I play on this server for realism and this injury doesn't make any sense in the first place; with the injury she got she wouldn't have even been blind at all anyway. I feel like at this point its not about trying to debate the eye socket its about trying to keep you all from destroying this character with a symptom that makes absolutely no sense given the injuries. Trying to pull this whole 'face first' thing on it, even though I already made this nice little explanation as to why she would have not gone through face first. This kind of bleeds into the last issue but I'll deviate for a second before I get to it, just for clarification.

First, I went and really bugged the admin at the time about trying to know my character's injuries because I was in roleplay at the time. I had characters trying to treat Anne when I didn't even know how serious or what injuries she had. If you're to take the 'well Mint demanded the admin stop roleplaying for fifteen seconds to tell him what the injuries were' path, its not really a great one to take. Considering there were people sitting there and waiting for the description of her wounds in the first place so they could begin roleplaying as well. When there were no players that had noticed Anne and weren't roleplaying with her I wasn't ever being pushy about it, I might have asked once. Though, when players found her I had to push for it so they could move on with their roleplay as well. Please don't say I bugged you about it just because I'm impatient or childish, that just wasn't the case this time.

Secondly, this whole blind issue. At this point I don't care about the eye socket, that's just fine and dandy. She was treated for it, and I've been roleplaying her accordingly. The issue here is the blindness you all are forcing me to roleplay her with once the bandages come off. I'm sorry but, that is just not going to happen. With the injury described in the original post and later clarified by the administration, that being a fractured orbital socket, Anne wouldn't have gone blind from it. I posted the article from Harvard in the first post of this, and if you haven't read it I recommend you do. Though- I don't think its a lack of knowledge of the injury but rather some kind of punishment for me specifically, or rather just something to do to a character you don't like. I don't think you all understand that Anne does mean something to some characters on this server. Her becoming nothing more than a sack of depressed shit with no way of recovering, knocked back all the way back to the way she was before the server even started, is something I don't think anyone should get for a trivial and meaningless incident with a Charger. She was never hit, thrown, or attacked really- just grabbed and thrown a couple feet onto her back. Stuff like that shouldn't destroy my entire character- she's already suffering from a broken leg and won't be able to walk for months because of this. Do you all seriously want to bring this so far as to completely destroy the character and hurt every last person surrounding her? I don't think there's any character that belongs to the administration team that cares for the character but there are plenty outside of it and if you have zero sympathy for me, it'd be great if you had some for them. Which brings me to my final point.

2) Making OOC issues into IC issues (and the other way around): This is a big issue and I see it all over the place in this gamemode. You lot don't like me as a person that much and to be honest that's okay, I wish you did but I understand why you don't and it doesn't bother me. Though, just because I handled a issue personally pretty badly and acted pretty impatient doesn't mean you all should punish my character and the ones around her for that. If you have problems with me OOC'ly then punish me or deal with them there, at a OOC level. Please don't bring this stuff into IC just because you're wanting me to be punished for not rolling, taking up administrator's time, or any of the reasons you feel are justified enough to ruin my character over. Lets keep the IC issue, which was her going blind for apparently no reason, and deal with that with only a IC perspective. The woman has no damn reason to be blind, I feel like I've given sufficient proof over that over these last two posts. For christ's sake if she doesn't have any reason to then don't force me to play her that way, because I won't. The rp that already happened was that she had a fractured left eye socket and that was treated. When it heals, which it will, she won't be blind- not because I'm trying to be salty or childish but because no one would go blind over a fractured orbital.

When it comes down to it, the scene that drove this whole thing over the top was her turning a corner and a Charger standing there. She was picked up and thrown a few feet through a window onto her back. That's it. Do you guys want to destroy my character and hurt other's characters over that?
Legion

Postby Legion » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:18 pm

Im going to throw my hat into the ring here and give my two cents about this whole ordeal.

On the topic of "The admins are doing this because they don't like me."

I believe it was Hyane who played the Charger in this situation, and he gave you a chance to roll for injuries. You responded with

[17:23:00] Anne Rayne said [LOOC] "dude, I'm not gonna roll for injuries. That isn't just randomly decided."
[17:23:40] Anne Rayne said [LOOC] "charger was the one who hurt her. "
[17:23:46] Anne Rayne said [LOOC] "but a random number shouldn't decide"

While I understand RNG in Nutscript and Clockwork has a tendancy of coming out on the low side, you forfeited your rights to decide what happened to your character. If you maybe discussed injuries beforehand with the event staff and came to a friendly and agreeable compromise this entire situation could've been avoided. But fear not Mint I have more to say! The injuries that were given at the TIME of the conflict should be the only ones that are given. I feel that adding something on after the fact is kinda overkill. As someone that was there treating the wounds and conversing with admins about what I was dealing with I came to a compromise that the bone fracture in the eye socket wasn't quite plausible unless it weaved in and out of your skull, landing somehow in your eye. I didn't make sense to me. I talked with Zerg and came to the compromise that you just had an extremely bad orbital fracture. Which me and the PT character were going to set, possibly saving your eyesight. I tried to tell you in LOOC but it seems I was ignored. As you were on a warpath which eventually led to your departure from the server.

The actual injury.

You state that an Orbital Fracture cannot blind someone but this is false.

As orbital fractures are a quite common injury in the world of sports it took me less than five minutes to find this article about a MLB prospect loosing an eye due to said injury.

Heres another article about Orbital wall fractures and how theres a possibility of blindness.

To sum it up short and sweet. While our actions make our characters who they are, the reactions brought upon them mold us even further. You're here for realism and I think its realistic that we could be heading one direction in life and have a wrench get thrown in our plans. Its happened to me quite a few times in my life and its sure as hell happened to my characters. I think you and the admins should have a civil conversation on where to go with these injuries instead of just flat out refusing to abide by their ruling.

Play stupid games, Win Stupid Prizes.
HyaneFleischer

Postby HyaneFleischer » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:29 pm

You suggested blindness, I found it to be a reasonable suggestion.
I had actually never heard of your character, or remembered hearing about them until that night.
I had heard your name once, maybe twice, so I was indifferent to you.
I was.
Now Im not.
You will RP your \\\\\\\\ blindness in that eye, forever.
You will write a nice, unpassive aggressive apology on the forums to those admins or I will \\\\\\\\ ban you.
And dont use the fact that you're from the south as an excuse, I know we are all \\\\\\\\ stupid here but thats not an excuse.
"But this server is ridiculously democratic" - A hacker with 12K hours in Gmod
Emptybag

Postby Emptybag » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:37 pm

Thank you for opening with a general apology for the OP, but I'd still appreciate one towards the admin team. They're people too, and regardless of this outcome, time has been taken out of each and everyone of our's day to conversate with you on just this one issue (but also some others).

Making issues OOC and IC, right now, in this instance, was done by you. You brought names into this, you came to us each -- an action that sometimes is acceptable -- but you know damn well in this instance it wasn't, and despite everyone giving you the same retort of posting here, you continued to move around the admin chain in an effort to skirt around the real problem and get it handled on the back end. Again, public-facing disputes sections are to keep everything tame and unhidden from the community. To avoid that same toxicity that you said you're so used to, which seems like may or may not stem from your 'friends' that have tried our server. I digress.

Our end was entirely unbiased in this instance. Hyane didn't know who you were, I wasn't there, and as far as I know the other three admins were on server but not even involved in the picking and choosing of possible targets.
Also, special infected by trade are not really a trivial event. Perhaps the most trivial special infected is a boomer, which would jsut send alot of shitty NPCs your way for you to OHKO with a crowbar. So I think you're downplaying it.

I don't want to make another book-long reply.

Hyane is blunt about it all, and he definitely is running onto the other side of the road with the way he's worded things -- but what he says isn't entirely wrong. He's probably miffed, you're miffed, and I'm tired of running in circles. Legion also provided evidence that demonstrates that this injury isn't impossible, and that it isn't asspulled -- it was given because of snarkiness. Let it be an attitude lesson.

Edit: Pending a proper apology I'm still willing to waive the blindness. But I might be alone in that thought.
Mint

Postby Mint » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:05 am

I don't really know what I expected, really. I made a post about compromise and keeping things OOC out of IC and I get replies from you all just saying the same thing as you did before all this, which is great. To Legion- I'm sorry if I did or didn't get to see your post, or that the medical rp wasn't so great. I did get banned after sending that article to the administrator over server /pm so I never really got to finish the roleplay. Though, her bandages were cleaned and from what I remember her eye socket had been treated and dressed before I left. I don't know a whole lot about medrp so I can't tell you all they did, especially with how I wasn't the one who did it. I remember it being both parts, one in the Motel room and the other on the counter in the room across the Motel. Either way the fracture was treated relatively quickly from when she got it anyway. I remember treadhead's character was participating in that, someone might want to say something to him if they're curious about that whole situation. There was so much stuff going on in server at the time I might have missed your LOOC and I'm sorry if I did.

Emptybag- I didn't ever really make a OOC problem into a IC one. Anne was hurt and they gave her unreasonable and ridiculous injuries and I came to you hoping you might be able to bring some compromise to the situation. At no point there was there me deciding that because of something OOC, I'm going to have something happen IC. While I'm not playing the character blind, that's more of a interest thing for right now. IC'ly there are bandages there anyway so I've not done anything triggering yet but when it gets to that point I know what I'm going to do. I seriously don't want to go through this character ruining roleplay of Anne's foundation shaking issue that'll demolish her as a person. I've had that outcome enough times in this game mode. Every single time though, it was always because of something I did. This time it was just seemingly out of the blue. There was nothing really to facilitate it either, no real bad decision or path she took. Just took one turn and boom, random charger that picked her up and tossed her a few feet. I've read a lot of "you WILL"s in this post, directed towards me. While I agree with a bunch of them, I'm not playing this character half blind- its just not something I want to do. She'd lose all her purpose and have absolutely nothing as a character with NO way to recover. That's the big thing, no way for the character to recover. Most of Anne's purpose was to give back and support the group and once she find her voice she really did a great job of that. Now she has no way to really mean anything anymore and there's no way I can change that- that blindness being a permanent reminder that some random ass happenstance completely destroyed any future possibilities with the character and shattered the entire premise that she stood on.

Apology Time: Well if you want more of an apology and that's what it takes to get to save my character I don't mind. I'm sorry that I can be a bit of a ass sometimes, I know you guys have a hard time putting up with me as-is and I can tell this issue only added more water to the pot. I'm sorry its that way. I do get frustrated, and coming from more aggressive clockwork servers I'm just so used to the whole grind and salt around the entire community. I'll do my best to keep back my frustration and the tone I took with the first post in this thread was unacceptable. Sorry if I waste people's time too. I'm trying to make a effort here to control myself and I hope you can see that.

In closing, I'd just like to state that we can either sit here and argue about it for several pages or come to a conclusion over this mess. All I want is not to lose a character and everything I've worked for over this, which is what will happen if she goes half blind.
Last edited by Mint on Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.