Issues with Administration.

Need to post logs? Contend with an IC action? Those threads go here.
Emptybag

Re: Issues with Administration.

Postby Emptybag » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:26 am

I never asked for you to get on your knees, a simple "I'm sorry empty et. al" would have sufficed. I'm not a stickler on anything like that, and what you wrote was fine.

As for you coming to me a day after the fact, -is- trying to give the runaround to what everyone else told you to do, and I only said the same. Then you mentioned my 'negligence' in the OP of telling you to put this here instead of simply putting down the hammer on a thing four other people told you to do -- I'm not gonna go against that. There is a system in place for a reason.

When push comes to shove, you made the dispute, you corrected yourself in the follow-up reply, and you did give an apology. I get your gripes about the character's injuries. I don't want this to be a mile long thing either. But what happens moving forward is still going to be a democratic decision. You know what I said I'd be willing to do, and I still standby that. But everyone's gonna weigh in on what to do.
Legion

Postby Legion » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:35 am

Long wound recovery time, some SLIGHT vision impairment at most. I don't know about you, but when I go to qualify with my M4/320 up at Fort Drum I shoot with one eye closed. If its your Dom eye maybe you can do some roleplay adjusting to your new impairment.

Full Injury.

These are my thoughts.
Last edited by Legion on Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
HyaneFleischer

Postby HyaneFleischer » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:57 am

Now a more mellow response because why not, I'll keep it short.

When you forfeited the roll system in lieu of putting it on me to give you injuries I did not give you injuries out of spite or hate or some sort of revenge, I gave them to you as I would anyone else, your character happened to be in the wrong place at the Wrong time. Being the event character, an admin, and an extension of Zerg himself I gave you injuries, with your full consent, that I felt were proper for your situation. You brought up the suggestion of removing the glass, which I felt was appropriate and, with your consent, I said no more glass was there. You then messaged me asking if I was going to make her blind as well, and since you had already given me consent, I said yes. None of this was done agains your will, I didn't come to you and demand you play blind now, I did all of this with your consent. The issue I have with this is that this sets a precedent on the server that could be dangerous, if we allow you to void an injury that was given to you as it would anyone else then that wouldn't be fair to the others who received character altering or crippling injuries such as Backston losing his hand, or people totally losing characters. If we allow this then it undermines the on the spot, quick decisions that admins have to make when dealing with situations as delicate as this and places doubt in the decisions of the team as a whole.
"But this server is ridiculously democratic" - A hacker with 12K hours in Gmod
Mint

Postby Mint » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:34 am

Legion wrote:Long wound recovery time, some SLIGHT vision impairment at most. I don't know about you, but when I go to qualify with my M4/320 up at Fort Drum I shoot with one eye closed. If its your Dom eye maybe you can do some roleplay adjusting to your new impairment.

These are my thoughts.
I don't know why you think that. To fire a bow and a arrow, especially on a moving subject, you have to aim at a moving subject in a three demensional space. If you can't figure out exactly how far away they are or how fast they're moving it'll be really hard to properly hit them. Its called Stereopsis. If you lose one eye you're going to lose this ability, and with that goes the ability to properly hunt. Its because the brain is able to see things in a three demensional state because its able to see the difference between what each eye sees. You can read more about this from people who actually know what they're talking about here.
HyaneFleischer wrote:your character happened to be in the wrong place at the Wrong time. Being the event character, an admin, and an extension of Zerg himself I gave you injuries, with your full consent, that I felt were proper for your situation. You brought up the suggestion of removing the glass, which I felt was appropriate and, with your consent, I said no more glass was there. You then messaged me asking if I was going to make her blind as well, and since you had already given me consent, I said yes. None of this was done agains your will, I didn't come to you and demand you play blind now, I did all of this with your consent. The issue I have with this is that this sets a precedent on the server that could be dangerous, if we allow you to void an injury that was given to you as it would anyone else then that wouldn't be fair to the others who received character altering or crippling injuries such as Backston losing his hand, or people totally losing characters. If we allow this then it undermines the on the spot, quick decisions that admins have to make when dealing with situations as delicate as this and places doubt in the decisions of the team as a whole.
Well here's the thing. At the time I didn't understand the injury and I thought that you'd go blind from it. Researching it, I found that you probably wouldn't. Yet, when I brought this up to you, zerg, and emptybag they all demanded that I played her blind or else I'd get my character banned. I'm not going to because it just doesn't make sense given the injury and the treatment. They shouldn't just say my character is going to be blind now just because they want her to be.

Secondly, you're wanting to make some kind of example out of me I see as you're saying that you're all going to seriously damage my character and work to demolish all the work I put into her, and also destroy any chance I have of having her recover from this, because "this sets a precedent on the server that can be dangerous."
The girl wasn't doing anything, 'being in the wrong place at the wrong time' isn't a argument for fucking up my character beyond the point to where I don't have any nerve to play her anymore. You're just destroying roleplay and hurting other characters in the process by doing this, really. All because she turned a corner and a charger happened to be there, which again only threw her to the side a few feet.
Legion

Postby Legion » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:07 am

Mint wrote:
Legion wrote:Long wound recovery time, some SLIGHT vision impairment at most. I don't know about you, but when I go to qualify with my M4/320 up at Fort Drum I shoot with one eye closed. If its your Dom eye maybe you can do some roleplay adjusting to your new impairment.

These are my thoughts.
I don't know why you think that. To fire a bow and a arrow, especially on a moving subject, you have to aim at a moving subject in a three demensional space. If you can't figure out exactly how far away they are or how fast they're moving it'll be really hard to properly hit them. Its called Stereopsis. If you lose one eye you're going to lose this ability, and with that goes the ability to properly hunt. Its because the brain is able to see things in a three demensional state because its able to see the difference between what each eye sees. You can read more about this from people who actually know what they're talking abouthere.

I guess my Expert Qualification badge (Carbine) that I've held for two years of my military career means absolutely nothing then. My blue phase of my OSUT training at Ft. Benning, where for multiple weeks we trained day in and day out on range and in the barracks on proper shooting technique is null and void. Ill just melt down my third place rifle father and son shoot trophy as well.

http://www.bowhuntingmag.com/tactics/sh ... ersus-two/

Here's an article that says both can be done, as I sure as hell have been shooting my bow with one eye closed since I was a mini Legion.

I tried to help a compromise happen with you, but it seems like you know everything and refuse to take anyone elses opinion into account. Unlike you, I've attempted to see it from each point of view. (Pun intended) You haven't seemed to learn that biting the hand that's trying to feed you a better solution isn't such a good idea.

Sure you got a bad injury it sucks, so have many people on the server including myself. Leaving us to sit in confinement for long periods of time waiting to heal at a sped up rate.

You're stubbornness to have your character story be the only applicable path is rather ignorant. You only walk the road, you don't pave what lays ahead and behind you. Those potholes and turns are left by others and external forces. (Internal vs. external conflicts) While you can choose to navigate around some, sometimes there's no where to go but forward into the abyss.

I recant my willingness to help you out and give you the benefit of the doubt, as you are unwilling to compromise and rather hostile. I'm sorry you feel this way.
Emptybag

Postby Emptybag » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:46 am

I banned you.

Seems like that was the popular opinion anyway.

I agree with Legion after you shot yourself in the foot with that last reply.
Mint

Postby Mint » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:02 am

Legion wrote: I guess my Expert Qualification badge (Carbine) that I've held for two years of my military career means absolutely nothing then. My blue phase of my OSUT training at Ft. Benning, where for multiple weeks we trained day in and day out on range and in the barracks on proper shooting technique is null and void. Ill just melt down my third place rifle father and son shoot trophy as well.
I love this. You guys try to call me stubborn and egocentric but you're over here flashing your military experience and trophies thinking that those qualify your opinion more than mine does. I don't need to tell you my background with motion tracking or firearm/bow and arrow use because it doesn't really matter- what matters is the facts.
That article is good but you don't really seem to understand that closing your eye for a few seconds is different than not having it at all. Once your brain can understand the environment you canclose your eye momentarily to fire at something and you can still tell how far away it is and how fast its moving. Without being able to see out of a eye at all, permanently, your brain completely loses this depth perception for a environment and with that, losing the ability to easily make out things at different distances. Closing one eye for a minute isn't going to affect anything, losing one forever will.

By the way, I appreciated how you highlighted the part where I said "from people who actually know what they're talking about part". That's a great way to take that statement out of context. I was talking about myself- I'm no eye doctor and no one here is. The content of that article was just talking about the subject of that post, which was the steropsis.
Legion wrote:I tried to help a compromise happen with you, but it seems like you know everything and refuse to take anyone elses opinion into account. Unlike you, I've attempted to see it from each point of view. (Pun intended) You haven't seemed to learn that biting the hand that's trying to feed you a better solution isn't such a good idea.
Of course I do but that doesn't mean I need to agree with them. You haven't really compromised on a single thing I've talked about either. You can say that you're all high and mighty and read my posts, trying to think of them from my shoes and from the shoes of the admins. Reality is anyone can say that. I'm willing to say I've at least compromised a bit in this situation, apologizing and admitting I was wrong more than once. If I refused to take anyone's opinion into account and was just straight up completely stubborn then that wouldn't be the case.
Legion wrote:Sure you got a bad injury it sucks, so have many people on the server including myself. Leaving us to sit in confinement for long periods of time waiting to heal at a sped up rate.
This injury doesn't heal, its permanent. If it wasn't then I wouldn't care, but it is.
Legion wrote:You're stubbornness to have your character story be the only applicable path is rather ignorant. You only walk the road, you don't pave what lays ahead and behind you. Those potholes and turns are left by others and external forces. (Internal vs. external conflicts) While you can choose to navigate around some, sometimes there's no where to go but forward into the abyss.

I recant my willingness to help you out and give you the benefit of the doubt, as you are unwilling to compromise and rather hostile. I'm sorry you feel this way.
Well that first part is vague, everyone usually sees roleplay differently. Roleplay is about a story and of course any story as a path, even if it deviates and meanders and comes into it's own issues at times it has a path and its predetermined. I feel that roleplay is about making a interesting story and developing a character, if you look at it from this side you can probably see why its no good for my character to get stomped on like this over nothing but a trivial and menial encounter.

Secondly, you can bring this whole compromise issue up here if you want but if you go back and read my posts you can see that I was the one trying to instigate compromise in the first place. I said earlier that I've admitted my mistakes and agreed with other people on this, though ever since your first post you've stuck by the other side and haven't compromised with a single thing I've said or proposed.
Mint

Postby Mint » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:07 am

Emptybag wrote:I banned you.

Seems like that was the popular opinion anyway.

I agree with Legion after you shot yourself in the foot with that last reply.
Oh okay. You guys don't agree with what I have to say, I don't agree with what you have to say either. Difference is you all have the power over me to ban me if you don't like my opinion, fine. Don't actually try to come to a conclusion or figure out a way to make this work for everyone, just ban me instead.

Though, I'm sorry for being a dickhead about it in the first place and I can guarantee people on here disdain me. I never really saw any public poll or really even that many people saying I should be banned, but okay. Thanks for your time anyway.
Emptybag

Postby Emptybag » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:10 am

You stomped on Legion's compromise because he met everyone halfway, saying the blindness wouldn't be permanent (but rather a long heal time), with only minor sight loss at most. then you argued against it, just saying that you'd be 100% blind or 100% not.

Hyane commented, Zerg commented, Moo commented. All said you should be banned, or inferred it. I was in the minority saying I would retract the blindness, siding with something Legion was hinting at. Even with EJF's vote, I would've been outvoted anyway.

Democracy.
Mint

Postby Mint » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:21 am

Emptybag wrote:You stomped on Legion's compromise because he met everyone halfway, saying the blindness wouldn't be permanent (but rather a long heal time), with only minor sight loss at most. then you argued against it, just saying that you'd be 100% blind or 100% not.
Okay. Well realistically that wouldn't happen. I can't stand just a random injury and giving my character random fantasy injuries, like partial blindness. Truth is you wouldn't go blind only for a few weeks because of trauma right to the head.
Emptybag wrote:Hyane commented, Zerg commented, Moo commented. All said you should be banned, or inferred it. I was in the minority saying I would retract the blindness, siding with something Legion was hinting at. Even with EJF's vote, I would've been outvoted anyway.
Well then, dear all admins and players that don't like me. I'm sorry I play a character you don't like, I'm sorry you don't like me as a person. I'm sorry I can be stubborn at times, I get frustrated, and I don't have the same opinion as you all. I'd love to debate getting banned, because believe it or not I do enjoy playing on here- thats the whole reason I'm so strongly disputing this. If you want to ban me for whatever reason, either it being just the popular opinion or you just not liking my profile picture or something, please say why- I'd like to know exactly why you want to permanently remove me from this community. I'd love to either aplogize to you, talk to you and see if I can help you feel differently, or at least know why you guys dislike me so much so I can work towards not acting that way in the future.