To let the world know your glory.
postal_ech

Nigel Sparrow

Postby postal_ech » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:51 pm

Sex: Male
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 172 lbs.
Religious Belief: Agnostic
Ethnicity: American-born Australian (Born to Australian Parents in America)
Nationality: American
Language: English
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Green
Facial Distinctions: A small scar on his left eyebrow, and a five-o'-clock shadow

Current Mood: ||||||||||||||||||||[]|||

Biography:
Nigel G. Sparrow was born and raised to Australian Immigrants in a small town located in southern Kansas. As a child he didn't have the most exciting childhood, but he was greatly influenced by his father into accepting quite a few of his moral philosophies into his own, though not all of them stuck to him as time went on. As he grew up and he became a more rambunctious teenager, he would go on to cause quite the bit of trouble for himself, from getting into a fight here and there to the occasional prank gone horribly, horribly wrong, all the way up until he graduated high school. One even nearly got the poor man arrested on the charges of vandalism and disturbing the peace. After he graduated from the class of 2011, he decided to join up with his father in running the local bar as a cook and eventually as a bartender when he came to age. By the time he was nearly twenty-three, he decided to pack up and set out on his with what money he saved from his time at his father's business. He would go on to spend some time in Europe for nearly a few months until he runs into Lexi Rush in a small cafe located in Paris, France. Almost immediately he falls for her, and after spending yet another week in Paris, he convinces her to join him on a large road trip back in the US. To this end they would travel throughout the states for nearly a year until Nigel attempted to finally settle down near Denver, Colorado in an attempt to start up on his own business: A Bar, just like his father's. While The White Rose was staffed by the best that Nigel and Lexi could hire, it was sadly met with little success. So in another attempt to start up another the two had moved over to Dallas, Texas, where they would set up The Bushman's Respite. There he would find moderate success in the business venture with Lexi as both a co-owner and co-bartender...but of course, that would change when the reports of rioting within the southern border of Dallas began popping up on the radio feed...

Personality/Behavior:
Before the proverbial shit had hit the fan in Dallas Nigel was a rather friendly individual, always happy to strike up a conversation and lend a hand to the patrons that wandered into his bar. As time went on and things began to get hairy he eventually took a stance on sticking closely with friends and family rather than openly accept anyone he meets like before. One could say that as a result of this apocalypse he became more reclusive to outsiders, but there are still hints of that hopeful and trustworthy Australian-American in him.

Strengths/Traits:
-Optimistic: Even in the face of pure shit he'll still find a way to try and keep to a positive manner. (This may only be a facade, if things likely take a dark turn for a prolonged period of time...)
-Caring: He'll never abandon those who he's established a connection with, and holds a sense of honor if someone does him good (IE Saves his ass, helps his mates, etc). He deeply cares for those who he considers good friends and family, and will attempt to do anything in his power to see to it that they make it out alive.
-Leadership skills: Nigel sees himself as a man who needs to take action should the time call for it. Keeping a a rational mind when the situation gets dicey means that he will usually take authority if the opportunity present, and attempt to direct his group to the safest possible option, if only for the saftey of his family and friends. (This could possibly conflict with others that already hold a stance of leadership within another group, or if their plans conflict with his own.)

Weaknesses/Flaws:
-Stubborn: Unless he is proven that what plan he has isn't the best plan, Nigel will mostly stick to what he has out of the belief that it will keep him and the ones he knows and trusts safe.
-Trust Issues: After the events prior and the exodus out to Houston, Nigel has learned that openly allowing and trusting strangers in his own group could cost him and his friends their lives. Unless they prove themselves to be good-natured people that will help if the time calls upon it, it will take some time for him to trust a multitude of others...with perhaps a few exceptions...
-Slightly Selfish: Though he does care for those he considers his family, that doesn't mean he won't put them first before anything else. This also means that he will attempt to back out if a situation seems too large for a few people, or if he feels like they don't have what they need to finish the job with little (if any) casualties.
-Over-protective: Due to a few certain events, Nigel has adopted a stance of over-protective behaviour towards those he honest-to-god cares for. This acts as a double-edged sword: on one end he will attempt to prevent a multitude of actions towards certain people he considers family, such as having them go out to scavenge or even simple things sucvh as sharing a drink or a smoke. On the other end he will go above and beyond to ensure the person is safe from harm and even sacrifice his own pleasures such as rest or eating to ensure said person/people are healthy.

Skills:
[LISTING RANGES FROM BEST TO WORST:] {Great}{Good}{Okay}{Only knows a bit}{Barely has a Basic Understanding of}{Oh dear sweet lord how do I do this?}

Speech: Having worked as both an employee of and an owner of a bar, Nigel knows how to talk to people. It doesn't mean he has the silver tongue of a bard or something of the likes, but he can at least hold up a fair conversation without things getting too haywire or too awkward.
Cooking: While he may not be a five-star chef out somewhere in Europe or the likes, Nigel can still cook a mean steak. Also known to have the best chicken legs this side of Texas!
Close Quarters Combat: Not the advanced, Metal Gear-esque military levels of beating the hell out of someone, but he knows how to fight with a melee weapon or even his bare knuckles if it comes down to it.
Mechanics: Having owned a car prior to moving to Dallas, Nigel has basic experience with keeping maintenance on a select few cars. This doesn't mean he knows how to fix a military jeep with every tool provided to him though, just the bare necessities.
First Aid: Like mechanics, Nigel knows only the basic knowledge of first aid, such as disinfecting cuts, basic stitching, CPR, bandaging and the likes. If he is met with a battlefield-condition wound or injury, he will have absolutely no knowledge on how to treat it.
Shooting: Nigel has only ever had experience with shotguns, that being his original break-action double barrel he bought for security purposes at the bar (after a certain incident occurred...). Even then he has little to no experience on the maintenance of guns or the proper firing techniques of such weapons as Automatic or Bolt-Action rifles, fully or semi-automatic Sub-Machine guns, and any other type of military-grade weapon
Tailoring: Unless a certain few folks are willing to teach him, he barely has any knowledge on the art of patching up clothing or even making such clothing.
Maintenance: As stated above Nigel has no idea how to maintain a weapon's prime condition, but that doesn't just specifically cover weapons. Anything from clothing, guns, and other such equipment he has no knowledge on, and the only basic experience in terms of maintenance would be in a car...
[NOTE: SKILLS MAY BE ADDED, IMPROVED, OR CHANGED BASED ON IC INTERACTIONS]

Relations:
[LISTING RANGES FROM BEST TO WORST:] {Romantic Interest}{Considers to be Family}{Cares for}{Great Friend}{Good Friend/Trusted Individual}{Acquainted with/Acknowledged}{Neutral}{Distrustful of}{Disliked/Disapproving of}{Hated}{Downright despised}{Dead/Missing/Taken by the horde}

Lexi Rush - The love of my life, that diamond in the rough that's too good to give up. God I'm glad to have you by my side, love, promise that we'll get outta this hell hole together.
Lucy Wilthhelm - Calling me Pops and calling Lexi Mum...huh...I'd never expect that out of ya, to be quite honest...but it feels good to know that you consider the both of us family, because I sure as hell consider you to be part of our own little family.
Patrick Keagen, JR. - A good man, great friend, and one funny bastard. Positive even when his pops threw him out, hope things stay that way pal.
Andrew Harrison - Well you're alive and kicking again, that's for sure. Hell we nearly have all of the Bar Patrons back together, soon we can break off from this damn group and go our own way, ya know? The Bushmen, Making their way from this shithole of a city to a nice, quiet small town...the name is a work-in-progress, don't judge me here mate.
Jarvis Lacroix - Quite the gentleman despite everything that went down. Glad to see you're still alive, man.
Annabelle Clyde - Snarky, Sassy, a bit of a bitch from time to time but ya got a good heart, sheila. Hope to work with ya a little more in the future besides nearly getting killed for some sleeping bags.
Miles Winters - Barely knew ya from the get-go, but I can tell you've got the hots for the sassy girl herself. All I can say is good luck on that mate, you're gonna need it with her. Hope we can also get to know each other a little more than just 'two survivors with common goals in mind.'
Donald L. Pomeroy - At first I had my doubts, seeing as how like the rest of the mates you all joined up in the neighborhood when the outpost fell, but you had a good, trustworthy vibe going with ya as well. I know now that you're as good as a man as any, and I owe you a hell of a lot for keeping Lexi safe when we got separated.
Tommy Cree - Though you are a bit of a hot head (like, uh, yours truly) I can understand where you come from with that stance on Backston. Hopefully we can get to Donald and make a plan to get the hell outta here.
Jason Udensky - So yeah we may have had a few issues back then, like...well, leading the biters back to the bar with your friend and your sister, plus we barely got to know each other even up to now, but I see you care for your family. I like that, it's something I can relate to, and I hope we can be better friends in the future.
Hannah Farr - We've only talked a bit and, well, that being the introductions and all, but I can see how good you've taken care of the kid you got by your side. That earns you respect in my book, and I hope we can get to know each other a little more in the future. Same goes with Lucy 'ere and your little girl, I'm sure they'd love to do all sorts of crazy kids stuff with each other.
Julie 'Autumn' Foster - Met ya with Hannah, seemed to be a well-intention girl like Lucy. That's good, glad someone like Hannah is taking care of ya. I have high hopes that you and Lucy here will become like two peas in a pod, ya know?
Jamie Udensky - Like your brother I still got a bit of an issue with the fact that you just ran on back to the bar with the dead chasing you. You apologized for it though, and...well I can't go on constantly getting angry on someone who only made one mistake. Just make sure you don't do anything like that again and...HOPEFULLY we can get to know each other a little more, yeah?
Camille Foster - Look we have our disagreements, I won't beat around the bush there. You wanna scav the cities and I wanna just keep as far away from them. Not to mention your constant yelling at the bar could have brought in the biters and practically endangered both the love and the kid. At the same time your at least trying to take charge, nothing wrong with that. Hope to see that things at least improve between us, even if its a little bit.
Backston Dewar - The longer I stick with him, the more and more difficult it's getting to deal with him. Don't have much faith in getting all buddy-buddy with him in the future, nor do I have any plans to listen to his little commands he issues out to this group as a whole.
[NOTE: RELATIONS MAY VARY ACCORDINGLY DUE TO IC INTERACTION AND ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.]

Oi if I forgot any of you bastards in the relations, let me know.
Last edited by postal_ech on Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:18 am, edited 10 times in total.
InOx

Re: Nigel Sparrow

Postby InOx » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:24 pm

<3
Andrew

Postby Andrew » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:37 pm

I'm back, fix my shit up, weenie.
postal_ech

Postby postal_ech » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:54 pm

Alright, updated my shit to add Lucy and update Andrew's shit. If I forgot anyone else, lemme know.
postal_ech

Postby postal_ech » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:45 pm

Updated relations, added Jason and Jamie Udensky, Camille Foster, Tommy Cree and Miles Winters. Let me know if I missed anyone else here.
postal_ech

Postby postal_ech » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:00 am

Updated Relations once again, with an update on Lucy and Andrew. Also added Hannah and Julie to the mix.
Spring

Postby Spring » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:32 pm

Updateryooooooooooiiooo
[BLN] Spring/Fixer

Players:
-Chelsie Jasmine
Patient Zero

Postby Patient Zero » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:46 am

Add Nigel.
postal_ech