Primera's Character Application

Primera

Primera's Character Application

Postby Primera » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:02 am

Steam Name: Primera

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:34840835

Steam Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198029947398/

Rp Experience: I have been roleplaying for just over five years on a wide range of roleplay genres. I’ve been part of many communities and been a part of the staff team on some of them E.G Dark Fraction, Reeplex, Point of Contact, .net, Calling of Heroes, Epsilon/Zeta Community and many more.

How did you stumble upon our server?: I previously played on machogaming as Darmian Lallana. I recognised some familiar names in the community and decided to hop on by.

Character Name: Joseth Strayer

Character Sex: Male

Character Age: Thirty-Two

Character Equipment: Beretta M92FS, GTA4 Oracle Vehicle

Moral Alignment(See Chart below this post): Chaotic Neutral

Strengths/Weaknesses:

Joseth is a both physically and emotionally strong man. He is often volatile because of his short temper and hot headedness, but he is still significantly more level-headed and rational than his other siblings. Though he is usually distant, Joseth can be caring and selfless, but rarely shows it.

Joseth has also proven to be an incredibly honest individual and hardly ever lies, he isn’t afraid to speak up and tell the brutal truth to others, resulting in several different impressions of him, more often than not as a cold individual.
He is much more clever than he looks, even more so than his erratic siblings. Joseth didn’t have an eventful childhood and preferred to read books during his downtimes, a trend that followed into his adulthood, resulting in a wide range of knowledge.

Joseth rarely takes risks that are against his odds, assessing a situation and strategists a plan majority of the time before tackling things head on. Although he is not as tough as his brothers, who are physically brawnier and have military experience, Joseth can be just as aggressive and agile and can hold his own, under certain circumstances. He was always a sickly child, another thing that has followed him to his adulthood, often falling sickly due to his poor immune system, which can render him almost useless until he recovers.

In addition, Joseth has a keen sense of intuition, especially when it comes to meeting new people. Joseth can almost tell who can be trusted and who cannot. On rare occasions, Joseth shows his very vulnerable side, particularly crying, when he loses someone very close to him.

Being a former SWAT member, he has training with various firearms and close-quarters combat. Although he often doesn’t go out of his way to socialize with people, he can gradually integrate himself into a group but it takes time. He finds it hard to trust people since he believes that people are motivated purely by self-interest and is distrustful of human sincerity or integrity.

Character Backstory a.ka. how or why are you here (One paragraph minimum, be creative! More backstory does not always mean a better app! Put thought into how they'll interact with others too!):

Joseth Strayer was born on December 29th, 19**, in his family's ranch in the rural parts of the Dallas, Texas. It was one of the harshest winters known to date. Due to a long and complicated childbirth, Joseth’s mother was left weak and her life was at risk. After just being six days old he fell sickly due to a hereditary illness known as pyloric stenosis, but his parents were unable to seek treatment immediately after showing signs of being seriously ill due to the weather. His parents braveness to travel a great length to reach a hospital had saved their youngest son’s life and he soon recovered from his sickness after the surgery and everything after were normal as if nothing had happened, except for the fact that during the journey, Joseth’s mother passed away.

Years on in his mostly uneventful childhood life he was expected to help on his father’s ranch a place which has been ran through his father’s family for just over a hundred years. Since all of his brother’s were several years older than he was and leaving to join the U.S Army, he was left on his own with just his father. There was always a bit of animosity in the air with Joseth and his father, since it was because of his birth the love of his life had passed away, making him drink more frequently than what he used to. Yet he cared for Joseth nonetheless and taught him everything his father taught him as a kid.

His father noticed that Joseth had great potential on the ranch and wanted him to continue their family tradition, but Joseth grew restless and wasn’t inspired to be like his father, his father would argue with Joseth countless times, causing a permanent rift in their relationship. Eventually when Joseth left school and became an adult he moved out of the ranch and into the city, a daunting aspect for most people who didn’t grow up in a large city.

He joined the Dallas Police Academy at the age of twenty-two and completed the training course at a later date, graduating to become a full time police officer. He was in DPD for three years at the rank of Sergeant before he applied to join the SWAT team with positive commendations from his superior officers. A month later his application was accepted and shortly after he began his vigorous fourteen weeks of training to become a certified SWAT officer. He made new friends but one particular person from the course ended up sparking a friendship between the two, a man named Mickey who a little younger than himself. Joseth and Mickey complete their training together and at that point both become SWAT officers at the rank of Private I and continue doing their normal police duties as partners with the occasional crisis call where the SWAT team is needed.

During some point in their career they were called up to take part in a raid in the early mornings of the summer heat. The mission was the raid a house which was believed to be a hotspot for criminals to make methamphetamine in a shady part of a neighbourhood where gun crimes were more frequent. The SWAT officers prepare to raid the house in the early hours of the day to catch anyone who was inside off guard while they slept. As they breach the house a few men were caught and arrested with the whole bottom floor of the house filled with drugs and home-made drug making components.

As the men were cuffed the rest of the officers including Joseth and Mickey continue the search of the house for evidence and any drugs or lethal weapons to be taken in and disposed off... They both enter a bedroom and search the room. As Joseth checks under the bed to check if anyone was hiding or anything else of interest, Mickey would crack a joke to Joseth about not letting his guard down, both chuckling at the joke. Little did they both know that joke would end up being ironically cruel, as an harmed man hiding in a wardrobe took this opportunity to burst out of it and fired two towards Mickey. One bullet would hit Mickey in the neck and as he collapsed to the floor the man would run out of the room, another two shots are heard down the hallway along with loud thud of his body hitting the floorboards as another officer eliminates the assailant. Joseth still oblivious to what just happened would rush to Mickey’s aid, who would be choking on his own blood. He would die a few moments later, leaving Joseth in dismay and distraught.

After just one year after his best friend’s death, he would decide to retire from the law enforcement, heading back to his father’s ranch for a few months to attempt to take his mind of the event before going back to his own place in the city.
Emptybag

Re: Primera's Character Application

Postby Emptybag » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:40 pm

I think it was a good app, with some serious thought put into it and I appreciate it. I don't know how the others feel with the amount of officers/law enforcement we have (even though when you RP him it will be previous experience). Depending on what others say I'll alter my vote, but right now i'm neutral.

Aside from the car. They're largely going to only be used in events after this map and I don't want to keep handing them out. But everything else imo is solid.
Primera

Postby Primera » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:37 pm

Emptybag wrote:I think it was a good app, with some serious thought put into it and I appreciate it. I don't know how the others feel with the amount of officers/law enforcement we have (even though when you RP him it will be previous experience). Depending on what others say I'll alter my vote, but right now i'm neutral.

Aside from the car. They're largely going to only be used in events after this map and I don't want to keep handing them out. But everything else imo is solid.
No problem whatsoever with the car, I'll wait for the other member's input.
Andrew

Postby Andrew » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:02 am

No need for the car but everything else is solid +support
naze

Postby naze » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:47 am

I can't see anything too bad coming from this. As long as he's not asking for a full kit then I don't think it's going to be a problem. As a worst-case scenario, I figure some of the executive admins can always just shut it down post accept if it gets to be a problem.

I'll support the guy.
ZergHunter
Site Admin

Postby ZergHunter » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:27 pm

Good app but we have far too many ex-police/ex-military people already. I'll set my status to pending.
Legion

Postby Legion » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:01 pm

Police slots are open. Bumped.
HyaneFleischer

Postby HyaneFleischer » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:07 am

Joseth, like Joseph but named by Mike Tyson, anyway what+sup
"But this server is ridiculously democratic" - A hacker with 12K hours in Gmod
HereticsEnd

Postby HereticsEnd » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:34 am