Jos's Spooky Zombie App

Jos

Jos's Spooky Zombie App

Postby Jos » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:04 am

Steam Name: Jos
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:42719081
Steam Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198045703891/
Rp Experience: 5 years in counting so far, as for the server- several months on and off.

Character Type: Zombie, Undead, Strongfat
Character Name: Eric Sombers
Character Sex: Male
Character Age: 28 Before Death
Occupation (Current or Before): [Before] National Guard, [Current] Baddie
Character Equipment: Militairy Fatigues, Interceptor body armor.

Character Backstory: As per usual with my apps, I'll be sending the backstory/char details to the staff, to keep ic details under wraps and preferably learnable in-character.
Legion

Re: Jos's Spooky Zombie App

Postby Legion » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:33 am

Its a zombie, just post it. Not like your going to be able to tell anyone.

-support
Jos

Postby Jos » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:50 am

Legion wrote:Its a zombie, just post it. Not like your going to be able to tell anyone.

-support
There are other ways to relay information than just spoken words and writing :D

But thanks for your opinion.
HyaneFleischer

Postby HyaneFleischer » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:24 am

-support you put your backstory out here, not in our inboxes
"But this server is ridiculously democratic" - A hacker with 12K hours in Gmod
Jos

Postby Jos » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:28 am

HyaneFleischer wrote:-support you put your backstory out here, not in our inboxes
Don't like posting meta-able information.
HyaneFleischer

Postby HyaneFleischer » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:30 am

Jos wrote:
HyaneFleischer wrote:-support you put your backstory out here, not in our inboxes
Then you will continue to not get support
"But this server is ridiculously democratic" - A hacker with 12K hours in Gmod
Jos

Postby Jos » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:38 am

HyaneFleischer wrote:
Jos wrote:
Then you will continue to not get support
Oh well, despite that- thanks for the opinion.
SpooksTanooks

Postby SpooksTanooks » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:19 pm

Since I'm not stupidly strict about everything, and there isn't a stick rammed far up my arse.

+Support

Its a fucking ZOMBIE people, do we really need to know where it grew up, and what jobs/life style it had before becoming one? No.
Will anyone give a shit upon seeing this character? No.
Realistically, whats gonna happen is that someone is gonna see this character and either A) Smash its fucking skull in or b) Avoid it using a box like Solid snake or some shit, but you get the point.

Think you guys breath waaay to much into stuff.

Edit: Also would love to see more player Zombies since they are way more fun for rp rather then some Npc coming over and ripping my ass a new one while I'm typing.
Emptybag

Postby Emptybag » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:34 pm

-support (for the time being), from me.

In regard to Spooki, it's not just a normal infected. If that were the case, there wouldn't be much info required other than seeing Jos RP. But as I read the PM, it's a special infected, and this is why doing apps in this way could be dangerous, because now Spooki has essentially given a +support to a special type infected that he never read the description of. As far as infected go, I think it's a cool idea to keep things under wraps, but you can also see the issue demonstrated here I'm sure.

As for the actual content of the application, I gave -support for the time being because I understand you want people to endure more of a challenge, but it is far too early for mutations/specials IMO, and I've barely seen people RP being scared of the normal infected (as 99% of people should be) aside from "there's alot, thusly I am outnumbered, and therefore that is the reason I am scared". Before we introduce specials, I actually want to try and gain character development through fear RP, either generated through conversation with the survivors, or actual encounters that should genuinely make Bob Smith terrified -- Such as being swamped on all sides while on top of a car only armed with a hammer, or not having communication with the rest when you hear an oncoming hoarde.

tl;dr, it is a good idea, I am not denying that. And I would probably greenlight you for a normal infected. But at this juncture, I do not personally believe that this is the better course of action, as it is too early.

Edit: This app could also be considered Pending from me instead, as an alternative, since it is a good idea.
Jos

Postby Jos » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:39 pm

Emptybag wrote:-support (for the time being), from me.

In regard to Spooki, it's not just a normal infected. If that were the case, there wouldn't be much info required other than seeing Jos RP. But as I read the PM, it's a special infected, and this is why doing apps in this way could be dangerous, because now Spooki has essentially given a +support to a special type infected that he never read the description of. As far as infected go, I think it's a cool idea to keep things under wraps, but you can also see the issue demonstrated here I'm sure.

As for the actual content of the application, I gave -support for the time being because I understand you want people to endure more of a challenge, but it is far too early for mutations/specials IMO, and I've barely seen people RP being scared of the normal infected (as 99% of people should be) aside from "there's alot, thusly I am outnumbered, and therefore that is the reason I am scared". Before we introduce specials, I actually want to try and gain character development through fear RP, either generated through conversation with the survivors, or actual encounters that should genuinely make Bob Smith terrified -- Such as being swamped on all sides while on top of a car only armed with a hammer, or not having communication with the rest when you hear an oncoming hoarde.

tl;dr, it is a good idea, I am not denying that. And I would probably greenlight you for a normal infected. But at this juncture, I do not personally believe that this is the better course of action, as it is too early.

Edit: This app could also be considered Pending from me instead, as an alternative, since it is a good idea.
I appreciate that you actually looked at the content of my pm, and considered what I sought to do. Beyond that, I can understand your meaning behind the "dangerous" nature of how I did my app. Other than that, sure I think it's early for this type of infected. But I personally think you guys should do a better job of creating fear with the common infected first, cause it seems to not be working thus far. I'd possibly suggest the more mobs of undead there are that are "admin controlled"- a mob that has the stopping power to halt a car, and break down doors- cornering people essentially.

Besides all that, I appreciate you actually gave your opinion, and didn't base your opinion on an assumption.

Edit: I sent spooki the background info, mainly because I've known him for a long time- And I think it'd be better if he saw it for himself.