Steven Klein

Sean

Steven Klein

Postby Sean » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:02 am

//Before you read, please know that I am essentially applying for myself. There is little to nothing in this application that I have not done that I have put in this application. Likewise, no items in this application are things that I would not take with me when going south for work.

Steam Name: Sean
Steam ID:STEAM_0:0:88469451
Steam Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/thatonedickbag/
Rp Experience: 9-10 years
How did you stumble upon our server?: Got sent it by a freind.

Character Name: Steven Klein
Character Sex: Male
Character Age: 27
Occupation (Current or Before): Civilian Demolitions Contractor
Character Equipment:
-Direct Action Ghost Tactical Backpack (medium sized MOLLE Pack)
-Thick Deerhide Jacket
-Black Turtleneck
-Cargo Pants
x1 500ML jar of Sulfur Crystals
x1 500ML jar of Saltpeter Crystals
x1 M7 Bayonet
x3 MRE, Baked Beans
x4 250ML Bottled Water
x1 Solder Kit
x2 1 Meter Detcord Coils
x20 Electric Detcaps
x1 Sledgehammer

Moral Alignment(See Chart below this post): Chaotic Neutral
Strengths:
-Knowledge of explosives fabrication and use
-Knowledge of buildings, I.E where structural beams would generally be, how to cause a topple demolition, ETC.
-Light gun knowledge-- This doesnt mean hes an expert, and although he knows how to clean a rifle, the most hes used one for is hunting.
- Fabrication Knowledge: This is effectively me saying that I know the process of creating and maintaining fortifications, and even things such as Zipguns-- though those are unlikely.
Weaknesses:

-ADHD: Though not severe, it can effect him.
-Irritable: When working, excessive attempts to engage him in conversation will result in him snapping at you.
Character Backstory a.ka. how or why are you here:

Part One: Long Road Ahead.

I had just started packing up my shit into the back of my truck-- I was good to go. A Ford F-150 wasnt the most practical for a cross-country roadtrip all the way from Calgary to Houston, Texas, but I thought I'd make it just fine. I'd received a demolitions job on an old office building that had been closed due to a termite infestation. I was gonna get a few thousand USD in return for my work, which more than covered the fuel costs of such a long trip. With that said, I'd love to not have to travel so far-- I'd looked it up, it was over three thousand kilometers, at least two days drive away. Regardless, it was good money. I slammed the door shut, not realizing how my life was about to change.

Part Two: The Border

With a soft press on the brakes, I slided into the border office. There wasnt anything too amiss-- I handed them my paperwork, along with the signed documents, and waited patiently. A few minutes later, they came out and returned them.

"Hey, just a warning-- Theres a bug passing through, might have seen it on the news."

"Anything that I should be worried about?"

"Not really, just avoid anybody that looks sick. You're good, move on through."

I popped the truck into gear, rolling up my window. A bug? I guess its probably just the flu or something, but it might be something to worry about. I hadnt really considered getting sick. That might cause me some issues if I get sick before I'm done the job-- Nobody likes to sneeze all over their detcord. I tapped my fingers quietly against my steering wheel, sighing nasally as I tuned on the radio. 98.5 FM. Perfect for cruising across the open road.

Part Three: The Infection

Oh, shit.
Thats what first popped into my head as my music switched off. I hadnt turned it off, and the car was still running, so--
"We interrupt your scheduled broadcast with an emergency announcement. What was previously believed to be a contained virus has now swept America. Though reports are not confirmed, the virus is believed to be da--"
THUNK
Blood splattered across my windscreen as I hurriedly attempted to regain control of my now swerving truck. I almost rolled the car with my avid attempts to control the beast of metal, though I eventually managed to barrel myself into a ditch. I sat there, shocked. What had I just hit?

I grabbed my backpack, sliding it on over my deerskin jacket as I stepped outside. It was quiet, and in the late hours of the night-- It was probably just a deer or something, right? It had to be. Instead of a ravaged corpse of a deer, instead there sat a woman in a nightgown, splattered with blood and crushed apart sat in the middle of the tarmac road. She was still breathing, ragged breaths entering her lungs feebly. I took a step forwards, only to have her emit a loud, ravenous growl and reach out her fractured arm towards me. I took another step forwards, pulling a phone from my pocket and beginning to dial 911.
Ring.
Ring.
Ring.

"The number you have dialed is currently busy."

I gaped at my phone. Busy? I had to have miss-typed. I tried again.
Ring.
Ring.
Ring.

"The number you have dialed is currently busy."

I hadn't. Whatever was going on, emergency services was entirely clogged with messages. I looked down at the woman, who was entirely ignoring her injuries.

"Ma'am. Are you alright?"

"Hnn.... Hnngh..."

"Can you hear me, ma'am?"

She took a swipe at me with her fractured arm. I was taken aback, taking a closer look at her. Her eyes were empty, as if they had no emotion or life behind them. I didnt know what to do, staring at her almost lifeless body. I finally decided-- I wouldn't get charged for this. I got in my car, which had been running idled, and drove off.

Part 4: The Road Yet Trekked

I got out of my car, the door crunching shut. Broken glass was covering the inside of my truck from the crash earlier. I had pieced together what had happened shortly after starting to drive again. Some sort of infection, arising from Madagascar, had swept across the nation. It wasn't perceived as a threat, and was overlooked. Now, it seems, it had taken a grip on the country.
I originally went back towards the border, only to find it closed. I couldn't get through, the border officer straight up refusing me. I sighed, turning back around. I had overnight made it most of the way towards Houston, knowing that was the only place I could go. And now, sitting at the border between open country and suburbia, I was about to enter.
I'm not sure what will happen. and honestly?
I'm scared.
Last edited by Sean on Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
HereticsEnd

Re: Steven Klein

Postby HereticsEnd » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:27 am

I'm at work at the moment and haven't read the backstory as of yet, but it looks pretty cool. I'll update with a +/- when I get off in an hour.
+soup
Legion: HERETIC DESTROYER OF MAPS CONQUERER OF DECORATION
Emptybag

Postby Emptybag » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:25 pm

Gave it a read, gave it a +support. Seems unique to me.
postal_ech

Postby postal_ech » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:34 am

Sean wrote: x3 MRE, Baked Beans

Beans?

BEANS?!

GIVE ME THOSE GOD DAMN BEANS!

Anyways, well, I mean it doesn't look too half bad, I mean it looks more like military personnel designated as a demolitions expert than A...civilian with demolition expertise. Nonetheless though, I like me a fucking Demoman, so this shit gets a minor +Support
Sean

Postby Sean » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:52 am

postal_ech wrote:
Sean wrote: x3 MRE, Baked Beans

Beans?

BEANS?!

GIVE ME THOSE GOD DAMN BEANS!

Anyways, well, I mean it doesn't look too half bad, I mean it looks more like military personnel designated as a demolitions expert than A...civilian with demolition expertise. Nonetheless though, I like me a fucking Demoman, so this shit gets a minor +Support
Millitary demolitions get equipment such as wireless detonation systems, C4, nitroglycerin, ETC. All of which is difficult to make and even more difficult to maintain, given that if you throw a jar of nitroglycerin at a wall, due to how unstable it is, there is a good chance it will explode.
A civilian contractor gets much lesser things, such as detonation cable, electrical detonators, etc. All in all, if I were military-- Which I would be swell to be in this situation, I would have far better equipment. In fact, the only equipment I have that could be stationed as military would be the MOLLE bag, which is easily acquirable through surplus stores. Hell, in canada it is completely legal to own a tank-- albiet a rubberized tracked, turretless and generally bland vehicle, it is legal all the same. I've got no qualms about this, however. If you think something should change, I am more than willing to edit my equipment, backstory, or anything else you feel should change to a degree.
With that, thank you for your support! (This goes for the two above you as well.)

As for the MREs and water-- Thats just the way I live. I spent 1024$ or so on a years supply of MREs', and damn if I'm not gonna use 'em.
Legion

Postby Legion » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:27 pm

While I'm iffy on the explosives, you seem to know what you're talking about. You have my support :arrow: as long as your not going to just blow up the entire group.
Sean

Postby Sean » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:06 pm

Legion wrote:While I'm iffy on the explosives, you seem to know what you're talking about. You have my support :arrow: as long as your not going to just blow up the entire group.
I dont actually have that much in the way of explosives-- if you look, I have sulfur and saltpeter. While they're useful, they in themselves are only two of three components for a basic explosive, aka gunpowder. In short, although I do have explosives-- It will take time and work to get enough to even think about blowing up a group of people.

However, thank you for your support!
HyaneFleischer

Postby HyaneFleischer » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:07 pm

+Support pretty good roleplayer from what Ive seen
"But this server is ridiculously democratic" - A hacker with 12K hours in Gmod
Nyanch

Postby Nyanch » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:37 pm

+

Like Hyane, I also roleplayed with them and they seem like they have a great understanding of roleplay. I'll give them my plus.
Blazer52637

Postby Blazer52637 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:41 am

The guy seems to know what he's talking about and his character looks like something i'd wanna see.
Let's just hope we don't get into an explosive situation.

+Support
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"