Kylie McKinnon

Emptybag

Re: Kylie McKinnon

Postby Emptybag » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:48 pm

I'll be cool with a shotgun, since it was in your story your grandfather's this leads to some interesting weapon choices; It would be cool with you obtaining an Ithaca because of this, which would be neat since you won't see many of those around anymore.

As far as calling everything into question, sorry for stirring the pot it's just my job. People can post TVTropes links all day but in the end half my life revolves around deciding character salignment whether it be on server or in d&d games, and no matter what type of evil it is, evil is evil and is always a red flag for me. But, I'm glad this was cleared up.

So, with the shift from rifle to shotgun, I'll be tossing in my +support; I'm interested to see what a person who has no basic firearms skill does with their weapon when they want to/need to use it -- especially around Texans.
postal_ech

Postby postal_ech » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:32 am

Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing someone harass people with a rifle. I mean, looking at it this way, people can still have hunting rifles and what not in order to be effective at their shit. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing an antagonist that just sticks to the distance, tries to harass mates with long-ranged shots, and for the most part stays in secluded areas, switching them out day by day.

You would have my +support for the rifle idea, despite my ass never really being on as is.
Otherwise, it's just a general +support from my end.
Sillykilla

Postby Sillykilla » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:35 am

Emptybag wrote:I'm going to stay neutral for now.

If I were to go into detail, I'm leaning towards negative -- not because of the app particularly or the RP, but because of the finesse it takes to RP a rifle bandit; and that aside, there already is one about.
I don't want to create firearm inflation either, and I think the ultimate demise this character would eventually meet will tip the scale a little too far. But this is all just my opinion.
Gonna just post this and see where it goes, but I'd like to think the springfield isn't much to ask for. I think a shotgun has a lot more advantages compared to the Springfield. My character doesn't have the skills necessary to maintain a weapon like that or to make a shot a fairly long range without the proper skill. The Rifle on a side note is very old, it's practically falling apart and I'm going to be RPing constant issues with it due to previous poor care etc.
Patient Zero

Postby Patient Zero » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:01 pm

Sillykilla wrote:
Emptybag wrote:I'm going to stay neutral for now.

If I were to go into detail, I'm leaning towards negative -- not because of the app particularly or the RP, but because of the finesse it takes to RP a rifle bandit; and that aside, there already is one about.
I don't want to create firearm inflation either, and I think the ultimate demise this character would eventually meet will tip the scale a little too far. But this is all just my opinion.
Gonna just post this and see where it goes, but I'd like to think the springfield isn't much to ask for. I think a shotgun has a lot more advantages compared to the Springfield. My character doesn't have the skills necessary to maintain a weapon like that or to make a shot a fairly long range without the proper skill. The Rifle on a side note is very old, it's practically falling apart and I'm going to be RPing constant issues with it due to previous poor care etc.

I agree, every one has shotguns and for the kind of up close character that is gonna be robbing people a shotgun would cause people to just coward away instead of trying anything that could result to more rp.

Also +support
Emptybag

Postby Emptybag » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:25 am

Well the admin team seems entirely split, but I would be remiss to decline you after the community input.

Zerg and I are still against it for our own reasons, but you are + accepted for the full, original application.