Steam ID:STEAM_0:0:17880478
Steam Profile Link:http://steamcommunity.com/id/collins123/
Rp Experience:10+ years
How did you stumble upon our server?: Friend of Legion

Character Name:Ben'Tank'Collins
Character Sex:M
Character Age:28
Occupation (Current or Before):Electrical Engineer
Character Equipment:Large socket wrench set. Claw Hammer. Volt Meter. Wire cutters of various grades. Wire clamps. Mag flashlight
Moral Alignment(See Chart below this post): Good
Strengths: Tall, athletic body. Knows Spanish and Korean. Has a M.I.T Bachelors degree in electrical science and a minor in robotics.
Weaknesses:Near sighted, wears thick glasses. Socially awkward,and shy. Easy to trust and sees good in people.
Character Backstory a.ka. how or why are you here (One paragraph minimum, be creative! More backstory does not always mean a better app! Put thought into how they'll interact with others too!):After a short stint in the military Tank was discharged honorably from the Army corps of engineers as a Lance Corporal after a live fire accident caused him to loose his left big toe. He was sent to collage to finish his M.I.T degree in electrical engineering. There he met Ramona, the love of his life whom was a Paramedic.

The two lived together in a small apartment and were planning on having children, that was until Ramona accidentally ingested drugs and became a Bath Salts zombie. Ben did everything he could for Ramona, but what was left of her didn't want to burden her lover anymore and jumped from a over head bridge straight into traffic. Ben has forgiven her but still often thinks of his beloved.

When the outbreak began Ben thought nothing of it. He was on a construction site when the infected came like a hoard. Ben and a few others fled in a city bus for the nearest evacuation route. There they wait for help, but Ben knew there wasn't going to be help once the soldiers were called away and national guard took over. Ben snuck out with a few others one night and went searching for a place to bunker down..Ben was lost during a bridge collapse ad now finds himself wandering and surviving with his tools and blue backpack.
naze

Re: Ben'Tank'Collins application

Postby naze » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:53 am

I'll be honest. The backstory looks like it could be a trailer for a middleschoolers homework session about creative writing. There are a bunch of grammatical faults as if you didn't even read the damn thing before posting, and the story was about as intriguing as burnt toast on the countertop.

What it looks like is that you're looking for an excuse to have military experience. The only kudos I can really give you is the gear, but that's not enough to make up for my minus support.

Sorry, but I wouldn't want to see this pass.
Emptybag

Postby Emptybag » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:59 pm

I personally would want to see more developed backstory on this character. At present it seems like a military power grab from me. -support
ZergHunter
Site Admin

Postby ZergHunter » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:33 pm

-support The app is just asking for military for no real reason it seems. You're also using a rank that isn't even in the Army.
HyaneFleischer

Postby HyaneFleischer » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:31 am

-support, a little research and some playtime on the server goes a long way
"But this server is ridiculously democratic" - A hacker with 12K hours in Gmod
Emptybag

Postby Emptybag » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:27 pm

Denied. Pending more RP time on server, and a rewrite, we all may reconsider.