Snyder's App

Emptybag

Re: Snyder's App

Postby Emptybag » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:05 am

Okay, I think I'm going to start needing to set more of a precedent here. And I guess that's a good thing because moving forward we'll get less of this.

1) Okay make the app or don't man, blocking out the age is so inconsequential to anyone else and it's literally a reason you'd need to app. Just a note for next time
2) I don't want to give the OK for a child entering this early with a firearm unless their backstory really sells it, personally.
3) That being said, there is a total lack of backstory here. So it doesn't sell that firearm.

I did see the additional background information, but it's riddled with plot holes and doesn't make much sense. Now, I'm willing to give over a +support for the child character, but I am not going to give the okay for everything involved in this app, due to what is listed above in addition to the extra admin information being lacking. If you want a character, with specific things, I'm looking for an actual malleable reason with some spine to support it. And currently (at least with what I was provided), I don't feel that the app deserves a full support.

And as an added caveat, my support for the character itself is based solely because of the community support here. I feel like two children is plenty for now, but if others say you have the capacity to roleplay it well, I've no reason to not support it. Apologies if it sounds harsh, I really didn't mean it to be, just saying things as I think of them.
DeadlyNachos

Postby DeadlyNachos » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:28 am

I've known Snyder for quite a while and I would be surprised if he couldn't accurately play a character like this. +support for what it's worth
postal_ech

Postby postal_ech » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:53 am

To be honest, reading the app then reading Empty's reply, I do find it strange for a kid to be given a gun when it's been three weeks since the apocalypse rolled through. I support the fact that, yeah, you can have a kid but I agree on what Empty here is saying.

So far you have RPed on here a bit, so i am gonna give a +Support as well, but only for the kid, not with the gear she has. Unless you're able to write a lengthy and convincing backstory as to how she obtained and learned how to use within a three week period of the outbreak, then I MIGHT support the whole thing. For now I will support it despite not really knowing if the app qualifies for a guardian character or not.
Legion

Postby Legion » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:35 am

If I can't get access to the backstory to judge your character I can't legally support this. I don't understand the secrecy as your removing a large part of how the admin team judges either or not we support your application.

For all I know your character could be a 8 story tall crustacean from the protozoic era.
postal_ech

Postby postal_ech » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:03 pm

Legion wrote:If I can't get access to the backstory to judge your character I can't legally support this. I don't understand the secrecy as your removing a large part of how the admin team judges either or not we support your application.

For all I know your character could be a 8 story tall crustacean from the protozoic era.
Fucking crustaceans trying to sneak into my Zombie RP
Snyder

Postby Snyder » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:34 pm

I've been passing the backstory around through the admin team, hit me up on steam for it.

I just don't want people seeing it because I can't write backstories for shit, (It's my worst writing skill) but I'm really good at doing actual RP itself.

I'd rather the players judge me based on their experiences with me on server, then based on my backstory.
Legion

Postby Legion » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:19 pm

Disqualified due to use of ESP.

Moving to Denied.