Sign in to follow this  
Sountrex

Yes

Okay so from what I gather this was a bit of a slip-up on our end; it states in our rules that foreigners and gear needs to be applied for, and I suppose nobody happened to notice.

That being said, it's not a super huge deal so long as app is done well, and we can go from there.  However, I don't feel comfortable giving out my support at the moment.  I understand it was written simple and short (and probably swiftly) in order to patch things, but I do want to know more about the backstory of the character having come all the way from SK to the UK then to Minnesota.  Her being a sole survivor to me before even making it across the water seems exceptionally unrealistic, although believable under certain conditions, which I don't think are met here (Does she know how to pilot a boat over open water, then? Did she have enough fuel for this? Knowledge of navigation and ports? Food?)

There  seems to be a plot hole in terms of getting from the UK to Minnesota.  I also want to know what this 'protective vest' is made from & how was it obtained?  Being a battle medic is...alright (we have an influx of military AND medics right now, but I'm willing to let that slide and see what you can do), I would probably just leave the torture knowledge at "I know how to do it because I'm medically trained," adding the part about this random mysterious women makes it sound worse.

It's just a bunch of small things, for me, but it adds up.  I'd say if it gets rewritten, fixing these points and revising the run-on sentences this will probably pass through easily 🙂

Im going to give a -Support for the following reasons:

1. This application seems extremely hastily written with gaps in story that can easily be fixed.
  2. How protective is this vest? What can it stop? What is it meant for? Did you make it or was it issued?
  3. There doesn't seem to be much explanation on why your character was so able/willing to abandon her country she was serving by abandoning her APC and taking off on a ship.
  4. The lone uninfected person firing on her squad, killing all but her, also doesn't seem to make much sense, where did they come from, who were they with, that story point seems fairly tossed in and out of place.
  5. How could you character manage to maintain and operate a massive vessel all by her lonesome if she was the sole survivor?
  6. If she was on a ship with infected how was she not killed from the day to day.
  7. So your character is the lone survivor from her Army squad, Bulgaria group, and UK group? That's a bit excessive.
  8. So if the last landfall was in the UK with the UK group, and she left the UK group, how did she end up here, did she stay in the UK? if so how did she get to Minnesota? Did she wait till America to leave them? If so how did she get across the country considering the only feasible way the ship could've landed in America is on the opposite side of the country from Minnesota.
  9. Did she leave her stash of weapons on the ship? If so how did she possibly leave without leaving them with her group, or having them been distributed out to the groups she passed with, or used for trading?

With more work I wouldn't be opposed to accepting this character but right now this doesn't seem to meet the community's standard that we've seen in the past.

Sign in to follow this