Captain Chun Min-shik - Hero of the Republic

[align=center]2c8LRsx.jpg

Taewi Chun Min-shik and Unit

Responding to Reports of Violent Counter-revolutionary Protests in Pyongyang

ca. July 2017[/align]

Steam Name: The Great Dictator

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:35556367

Steam Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198031378463/

Rp Experience: Around seven years worth on Gmod.

How did you stumble upon our server?: I was present for the last iteration.

Character Name:Chun Min-shik

Character Sex: Male

Character Age: Thirty-Three

Occupation (Current or Before): Officer of the Korean People's Army

Character Equipment: This is up to you guys, I played a similar character during the previous iteration and was provided a bayoneted SKS. A flashy pistol would be nice too to represent his role as an officer, or would even be fine by itself with a melee weapon. Really, anything Eastern-Bloc would be sensible. As far as getup goes, he has just his uniform and steel helmet. With that, he'd have some basic gear: Think a medkit, binoculars, a supply of rations, etc.

Moral Alignment(See Chart below this post): Lawful evil

Strengths:

Taewi - Being an officer of the KPA has left Chun well prepared for the apocalypse. Such a lifestyle is rigorous, and it has left his body strong, yet perhaps more importantly has granted him vast knowledge. Be it riddling a target with bullets, striking with the bayonet, or even dressing wounds, Chun has been left with plentiful know-how to approach the arduous road ahead.

Dutiful Fervor - Thanks to his upbringing, Chun is extremely strong-willed. If it can be justified as "following orders", or benefiting his Motherland, then it can be done. It matters not the price, nor the difficulty, once the Captain has a justified goal within his mind, he sets his fears aside and sets about the task and hand.

Student of Juche - All his life Chun has extolled the state-ideology of "self-reliance." Now, he stands alone in this universe, just as his country has.

Weaknesses:

Narrow-Minded - Just as Chun loves his country, he resents the one he has found himself in. It is an ideological difference that causes this, and it is highly unlikely that this is about to change any time soon.

Alien - Given that he has spent his whole life in the Hermit Kingdom, there is simply a lot in the U.S. that Chun simply would not understand. While he had a privileged upbringing full of education (dogma-stricken as it may have been), and even has a basic understanding of English thanks to a stint on the DMZ, the Korean has much to learn of the lands he now inhabits.

Hostile - While Chun is wise enough not to set about trying to slaughter all whom he encounters, he nonetheless generally holds to them a disposition of hostility at the worst, or pity at the best. This has left Chun difficult to approach to say the least, and he is destined to clash with those who would not tread carefully with him.

Character Backstory a.ka. how or why are you here (One paragraph minimum, be creative! More backstory does not always mean a better app! Put thought into how they'll interact with others too!):

Born within the safe confines of Pyongyang to one of the country's marshals, it was essentially pre-ordained that Chun Min-shik would actively serve his Motherland. At his father's behest, Chun would become the spitting image of the idealized Juche youth; through the school system and the youth league he would develop a fervor for his Leader and people, and he would apply such a fervor to his time spent at the Kim Il-sung Military University. Detached from the the plight of the average North Korean, Chun emerged from the academy a junior-lieutenant prepared to obey his every order. Obey Chun did, and while he would not fight in a great war as his father had, his experience as an officer was no less violent. From "anti-bandit" operations in the mountains, to raids upon "counter-revolutionary" villages, the officer witnessed, ordered, and partook in a great deal of blood-shed.

Life went on as it did until July of 2017 when the Captain and his unit were called from their then post on the Demilitarized Zone back to Pyongyang. There was trouble, and a lot of it, from reports of villages descending into chaos, to even entire provinces losing any semblance of order. None understood the exact depth of the apocalyptic events unfolding, but amusingly enough it would become increasingly clear that the Democratic People's Republic of Korea would be in a better position than many nations to ride it out. At the word of the Supreme Leader, much of the military was scaled back to Pyongyang and surrounding area. Over the course of the next few weeks as the nature of things became increasingly clear, the KPA began a series of strong-handed actions to ensure the survival of the Republic. Manned palisades were erected in the nearby farms, the visibly sick were promptly rounded up to never be seen again, and things went on as they had always seemed to. The occasional horde beset Pyongyang, or the even rarer act of protest, but such problems were swiftly dealt with.

With the situation starting to stabilize, the Great Defender set his eyes outward in a series of bold moves aiming to exploit the chaos caused by the infection. As the days passed more and more units left the stronghold of Pyongyang, some set out for the provinces, and more alarmingly some set out for the DMZ. Finally, Chun and his company were called, and found themselves being addressed by the Savior himself. In a ceremony full of pomp and flare, Chun's unit along with a few others were bestowed many commendations before being informed of their mission. Now was the time to strike the Imperialist Foe when they least expect it; the selected units were to infiltrate the American mainland, and then establish radio contact with the Motherland. One moment the company was floating down the Taedong river, and in the next they were skimming the U.S. coastline, the red star on the horizon. All did not go as planned though, a violent thundering struck the Cold War era ship, and before long it was sinking. It was clear that the Americans still had some degree of remnant forces, and the DPRK's outdated navy was no match. Still, the Captain washed ashore, yet what of his comrades? Surely some of them survived too, no? There was no time to wait and see, the pounding of naval guns had brought many curious and hungry zed. Not all was yet lost though, the Korean ships had spread out all across the American coast, aiming to land in a variety of vast destinations.

Now, the officer marches on without his men. With little more than his uniform to his skin, his firearm in hand, and what gear he could grab on his back, Chun has opted to set forth in search of another unit. For now he goes it alone, it would be unthinkable that he march alongside the capitalist pigs! And yet, the open road has a habit of changing people, as does an aching belly; so who is to say what will become of the lone soldier in enemy lands. It is unlikely that he will pull an ideological one-eighty, yet perhaps necessity can bring the Captain to make certain concessions? If not at least for the greater good of the collective back home.

At any rate, I've made some revisions to this character, and he is quite different from the one of the previous iteration. I'll gladly respond to any questions, comments, concerns, and/or criticisms.

">[bbvideo=560,315]
[/bbvideo] Edited by Guest

I'm gonna give +support, but I have to be the dude that asks how he arrived where the group is only a month and a half in. I've no clue on travel times, but a boat ride from N Korea, I'm guessing shoring up on California, then trekking towards Texas/Oklahoma? If we can figure that out it'd put my mind at ease. Other than that, I like the app.

0da46567fb53896b462f2826830d8bf1.png

Did you plan this out? Seeing as we were put at high alert yesterday?

We on high alert yesterday

more like we're gonna be on high alert all week.

For the sake of continuity let's say he was originally sent to scope out Barksdale Airforce Base located in Louisiana, right near the borders of Texas and Oklahoma. It'd no doubt be a priority target. With this, he'd be shoring on the Louisiana coast. If this isn't adequate, we can always just wait for a while, but I think it seems within reason.

Also no, I didn't plan any of this; it's just coincidentally very topical.